PDA

View Full Version : PC World Mag

stu161204
29-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Hello All :)

For the last couple of days I have been trying to buy The 200 Issue PC World Mag, but in the “The Warehouse” (Botany Downs) & Whitcoulls (somewhere Manukau (I can’t remember the name of the shopping centre :o )), did not have the DVD included with the Mag!

Has any one out there who buys the Mag had this problem? & was there a DVD included in the 200 Issue PC World Mag? (as Bruce was talking about PC world stopping the CD/ DVD’s like the Netguide has)

Renmoo
29-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Hey stu. Take a look at the front page and see if the message "DVD missing? Check with the retailer" is there or not. If it not present, then probably the DVD is not included.

Cheers :)

stu161204
29-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Take a look at the front page and see if the message "DVD missing? Check with the retailer" is there or not.

yep, that message is on the mag (one of the retailers said it did not have a disk :rolleyes: )

PS: I will IM you in 45 mins :)

Renmoo
29-12-2006, 09:46 PM
If that is so, then the retailer shouldn't have accepted the magazines from the distributor in the first place. Perhaps the retailer has removed the disks purposely?

Anyway, have you tried checking out Books n' More? :D

P.S. I might go to Botany Downs tomorrow if the weather is fine. I might take a look for you at the bookstores to see if they sell magazines that come with the DVD.

stu161204
30-12-2006, 01:13 PM
If that is so, then the retailer shouldn't have accepted the magazines from the distributor in the first place. Perhaps the retailer has removed the disks purposely?

Whitcoulls (somewhere Manukau) said they don’t removed the disks & the “The Warehouse” (Botany Downs) where hopeless & they wanted me to ring PC world to get a DVD.

Greg
30-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Was there something specific you wanted off the disk? From what I recall after glancing through the contents there wasn't anything special.

stu161204
30-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Was there something specific you wanted off the disk?

na, it was not the disk I was after, it was the mag (the disk is an extra bonus & wants the point of buying the mag with out the disk anyway ;))

Anyway after looking in three more book shops (Whitcoulls Pakuranga & Whitcoulls & the post shop in Botany Downs) & all most giving up I got my self a copy of the 200 Issue PC World Mag (& DVD) from Paperplus (not far from me) :D :)

bob_doe_nz
30-12-2006, 05:23 PM
You didnt go to the Whitcoulls, Manukau Supa Centre did ya?
Also, I could give you mine since I already read it and skimmed the DVD contents

stu161204
30-12-2006, 06:14 PM
You didnt go to the Whitcoulls, Manukau Supa Centre did ya?

yeath, I think that was the place

Renmoo
02-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey stu, I just got back from Whitcoulls and Paper Plus (formerly known as Books n' More); the former has only one PCWorld magazine left, which does not come with the DVD, the latter has sold off (I think) all the PCWorld magazines.

Graham L
03-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Shoplifters have been known to steal the CDs or DVDs from magazines. Sometimes disks aren't properly glued in, and drop to the bottom of the slot in the display case.

the godfather
03-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Picked one up at the local supermarket a few days ago, the DVD was taped inside the PC World mags and not on the cover, all of them on the rack.