PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth turns off at standby

music_man
29-12-2006, 08:37 AM
Hi

We have a Dell Dimension 3100 with Windows xp SP2 and bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

When the computer goes on standby, the keyvboard and mouse cannot take it out as I don't think it recognises them. The keyboard and mouse works when we are in Windows.

It is weird because it works, but it says there are no bluetooth devices connected. We have all this bluetooth software but it doesn't register it. Just says connected is a generic USB hub.

We have all the Dell installation CD's... Maybe I need to run that?

Renmoo
29-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Hey. Can you please clarify this: When the computer goes on standby, the keyvboard and mouse cannot take it out as I don't think it recognises them.

Cheers :)

music_man
29-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Lol sorry. When the computer goes into standby, we can't get it to go out of standby because it appears the computer does not recognise that the mouse or keyboard is connected.

Speedy Gonzales
29-12-2006, 12:37 PM
And how far is the kb and mouse from the case / receiver??

music_man
29-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Not far at all. It works fine while it's on...

Renmoo
29-12-2006, 12:47 PM
What's the model of the bluetooth keyboard and mouse?

music_man
29-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Mouse: Dell HID-Compliant Bluetooth Mouse
Keyboard: Dell HID-Compliant Bluetooth Keyboard

Strangely, there is a category called "Bluetooth Devices" And the keyboard and mouse does not come under that.

I am in Device Manager.

music_man
29-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Think I got it going!

I ran "Device Connection Status" and it seems to work.

Thanks for your help :)

Renmoo
29-12-2006, 01:37 PM
I was just going to suggest you try this, :D

Go to Device Manager, right-click on your keyboard / mouse, click properties. Next, click Power Management and make sure the tick is there for "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby".

But anyway, it is good to hear that you have solved it! :thumbs: