PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6270 Vodafone Problem

Disco Dan
28-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Hia folks,

Had my Nokia 6270 for a while now, but it has never been setup for vodafone properlly...

I can make calls, send/recieve text messages but no GPRS or 3G or PXT (send/recieve)

I have gone through all the menus and set everything to 'vodafone' but it still wont work?

Any ideas?

When i went into the vodafone shop, the dude just looked on a webpage and said 'sorry mate your phones not listed, cant help you' !!!!!

I know it can work but how???

Thanks in advance!!!

Ninjabear
28-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Go to this website and set it up from here

http://www.nokia.com.hk/nokia/0,,77600,00.html

Click on get settings under the black heading called Settings for Browsing and MMS Messaging

A Window should then pop up and ask for you to accept the terms and condition.

After accepting choose the country you are in.Type your cellphone number follow by the security code shown in the picture.

It will then give you a pin code

You will then be sent the settings for Vodafone Live and MMS

Type the Pin code when you receive the settings and everything will then be setup

Ninjabear
28-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Vodafone isn't really helpful

Sony Ericsson and Nokia both have their website like that one i meantion above which gives you the ability to setup Pxt and Vodafone live just by saving the settings from the text message you receive

With Motorola and Samsung you have to set it up manually

Chilling_Silence
30-12-2006, 09:58 AM
So do Vodafone, you can ring them on 777 and they'll tell you where to go to on the Vodafone website. They just send you a txt (free) and it automatically sets up the GPRS, 3G, and PXT settings

I had this problem with my JAM and my K-Jam, but once Id received the txts, all was fine :) Just give them a ring

Shortcircuit
30-12-2006, 10:05 AM
You reckon?

I bought a Sony Ericsson 610 and just wanted to be able to get my xtra e-mail on my phone... biggest drama I've been through with Vodafone and Telecom as bad as eachother.

These companies don't realise it is in their interests to help the customer instead of fobbing things off on eachother.

PS: never got the e-mail to work, a pretty much a waste of $500.00

rogerp
30-12-2006, 11:04 AM
You reckon?

I bought a Sony Ericsson 610 and just wanted to be able to get my xtra e-mail on my phone... biggest drama I've been through with Vodafone and Telecom as bad as eachother.

These companies don't realise it is in their interests to help the customer instead of fobbing things off on eachother.

PS: never got the e-mail to work, a pretty much a waste of $500.00

You can't access xtras pop email via any network other than xtra. You can probably access xtra webmail via wap.

Ninjabear
30-12-2006, 12:08 PM
So do Vodafone, you can ring them on 777 and they'll tell you where to go to on the Vodafone website. They just send you a txt (free) and it automatically sets up the GPRS, 3G, and PXT settings

I had this problem with my JAM and my K-Jam, but once Id received the txts, all was fine :) Just give them a ring

http://wireless.vodafone.co.nz

Thats the website but nokia 6270 isn't listed so you have to go thru the settings by going to the nokia website

All settings are listed at the nokia website and you can set it up by choosing your country and model

Shortcircuit
30-12-2006, 04:49 PM
You can't access xtras pop email via any network other than xtra. You can probably access xtra webmail via wap.

Hmm, that's not what both Xtra and Vodafone told me. I also know someone who managed to check their xtra mail on Vodafone before his phone died. Getting either of them to tell you how it's done is a different story. :rolleyes:

Ninjabear
30-12-2006, 06:53 PM
I use to be able to retreive emails from my paradise account

But now I just can't seem to access any of my email accounts from my mobile

and all of the programs which requires GPRS doesn't work

rogerp
01-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Hmm, that's not what both Xtra and Vodafone told me. I also know someone who managed to check their xtra mail on Vodafone before his phone died. Getting either of them to tell you how it's done is a different story. :rolleyes:

They probably meant you can do it with webmail over the http protocol. However this would be expensive if you are paying per the kb. Xtra told me that they block anyone accessing their pop server, unless you are connected to the xtra network. This could be by either braodband, dialup or by xtras 027 network. Therefore to access xtras mailservers, you would probably need to use a telecom 027 phone. The best option is to have your own domain and web host, which would then allow you to access the mailserver with any isp.
You did used to be able to access xtras pop server with vodafone, but xtra have since put a block on it.

Shortcircuit
01-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Sorry for the hijack of this thread :)

Roger, Telecom seemed to think it could be done, went as far as to say that it would work if changed from smtp to smtpr mail servers etc... just couldn't tell me what to do from there. Note that we have own domain/e-mail addies and I also have a straight xtra personal e-mail addy, none of them work through Vodafone.

As I said... it can be done, I have seen it done- which makes it even more frustrating :annoyed:

Ninjabear
01-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Ah

I've managed to setup my N73 email with paradise and orcon email

All working fine now

Arfur
02-01-2007, 03:05 PM
I used to be able to access my IHUG email on my Sony Ericsson T230 on the Vodafone network. This was the main reason I bought it. But I haven't been able to for some time now.

rogerp
02-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Sorry for the hijack of this thread :)

Roger, Telecom seemed to think it could be done, went as far as to say that it would work if changed from smtp to smtpr mail servers etc... just couldn't tell me what to do from there. Note that we have own domain/e-mail addies and I also have a straight xtra personal e-mail addy, none of them work through Vodafone.

As I said... it can be done, I have seen it done- which makes it even more frustrating :annoyed:

You use smtp for sending the email, and pop for receiving the email, so that is why it may not be working. When I try to connect with vodafone to my xtra address, via pop3@xtra.co.nz, it comes up with 'connection refused', which telecom told me was because I needed to connect through xtra to access their mailservers. It probably depends on who you speak to at telecom, as to what they tell you. However you also can't check your xtra email using ihug, slingshot, clear as your ISP, so it would make sense that they also don't allow vodafone as they are also a competitor.
I use my vodafone to connect to my domain based email address with no problems, and send the email through vodafones smtp server. They have a help page somewhere on the vodafone website on how to set this up.

Ninjabear
02-01-2007, 07:33 PM
SlingShot also works with my N73