PDA

View Full Version : windows xp stop error ox0000008e

pansony
28-12-2006, 08:42 AM
I am using compaq desktop and have an virus problem, to remove the virus, I have gone to F10 for System recovery, but, windows not started, the XP home is originally stored in the hard drive. I ran in safe mode also, and uninstall and reinstall the norton anty virus, and the installed Norton anti virus is not starting.
Please help me.
Thanks in advance.
Sony

Renmoo
28-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Hello there. Welcome to PressF1 :)

It would be good if you can post us a HJT log of your computer.

P.S. Moderators, please shift this thread to the appropriate section of the forum

Cheers :)

pansony
28-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Hi Jameskan,
How can I get HJT log file.
thanks

Renmoo
28-12-2006, 09:39 AM
Hi pansony. Pardon my lack of elaboration in the 2nd post. You can get HijackThis from here: http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip . Next, "unzip this file, then run it and click on scan and save a log. Copy and paste the log back in the forum" (Speedy Gonzales)

Basically, what HijackThis does is that it quickly scans a user's computer and creates a list of differences from a known spyware-free environment.

For log analysis, take a look at my signature.

Cheers :)

shrivers
08-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Hey I'm having a similar problem to this. My error codes are ox0000008E (oxc0000005, ox00000000, 0xA7A36A48, ox00000000). Basically we get this any time we try to start up Windows vista. I've tried going into safe mode to help solve this problem, but when trying to log into safe mode, my computer just restarts itself. I've read it could be a RAM issue, or a driver issue, but I don't know how to solve either of these without being able to get even into safe mode. It's passed it's memory test.

pctek
08-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Don't use F10. It will wipe the drive and factory reset it.

Remove Nortons and leave it uninstalled - its useless.

Get, in addition to HJT - Spybot, Malware Bytes and a decent antivirus - the best is NOD32.

Run all of them - in Safe Mode if it keeps crashing.

If you still can't you might have to take it somewhere and get it done slaved to another PC - and your data backed up first.

Blam
08-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Download The vista recovery disc from here:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

If you have 32 bit get the 32bit version, 64bit, get 64bit version.

It is a torrent file(legal) and you will need a client such as utorrent to download it.

http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

Once downloaded, burn the iso file you get to a blank cd/dvd.

Then, change the boot order in the bios to cd first, then boot into the cd

Once at the windows with the options, select the "Startup Repair" option. Let it run, and reboot if it prompts you to do so. If that fails to fix it do the following:

At the Main windows, select the "system restore" option when it comes up, and restore to a time when you did not have this problem. It will not affect your documents, but all programs installed between now and the restore point you choose will be gone. You will have to reinstall them.

Once your pc is at a working state scan them with the programs pctek mentioned.

If all else fails-slave it to another pc and scan.

And try running "sfc /scannow" in cmd in safe mode, it will try to repair important system files.

note space between "c" and "/"

Blam

Speedy Gonzales
08-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Get hijackthis in the link below.

The link Jamuz gave doesnt work / exist.

And is probably out of date anyway

Install it run it. Then click on scan the system, and save a log. Copy and paste the log in here