PDA

View Full Version : Linksys Wifi PCI Card.

Nomad
27-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Hi, I have a WAC54G and a Linksys G PCI Card.

Problem is that I am using the Linksys software (for Wifi) than windows. Problem is when I fire up my internet browser it does not get a connection - the webpage does not open instead I get a error page. I have to open Linksys and then hit connect button before it works and sometimes that even does not work and I have to go to the list click the SSID and click edit and retype the paraphrase and then it works.

Anyone had similar experience, I may try out with the Windows Wifi utility.

Thanks

SolMiester
27-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Nomad, is this with the pc that is hardwired, wireless or both?

Nomad
27-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Hardwied is fine.
Its the wireless client.

SolMiester
27-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Is the wireless card using DHCP?, does it come up with connected, but limited connectivity?, if so, you may want to try static address, use the dns server lited in the router when its connected...

Nomad
27-12-2006, 09:05 PM
No, that message does not come up.
Limited connectivity - no.
DHCP - dunno. How do I check?

Nomad
27-12-2006, 09:42 PM
I just tested it, it appears to be fine now.
Once into WinXP it goes gray to green icon. Double click it and it says connected to access point but not connected to internet. After a few seconds it blinks and then says connected to access point and connected to internet.

I don't need to type passphrase now. Windows Networking also working now but I need a windows login password for that. Connected at 54Mbit it says - both windowss and Linksys wifi device. Copied a file 260MB and it said 4mins but I didn't time it.

Maybe it was just warming up .. or maybe WinXP actually clicked its head this time round.

Thanks.