PDA

View Full Version : Installation of DVD player

gradebdan
26-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Hi, Just received a dvd Liteon 1693s for xmas, at last I can read those pc world discs. With it came 2 discs, Nero 6.6 oem and Cyberlink Power dvd6 oem. Do I need to install both? I have always used Nero in the past and have been quite happy with it.

Speedy Gonzales
26-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Nope, u don't need either.

If u use Nero now, and it's installed, (I take it, this is a DVD burner), it should work fine with it (As long as the installed Nero isn't a OEM version).

Powerdvd is for playing not for burning DVD's. If u haven't got a DVD player program, u can install Powerdvd.

tweak'e
26-12-2006, 06:27 PM
depends, if you useing an older ver of nero or power dvd then it may pay to uninstall the old ver and upgrade them.

gradebdan
26-12-2006, 07:04 PM
My old Nero came with a cd writer. I shall uninstall it and install the new Nero 6.6.
Ta for your inport.

Speedy Gonzales
26-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Just as long as u haven't got the old burner installed.

As the version of Nero that was installed wont work with that DVD burner and the version of Nero that came with the DVD burner, wont work with the old burner, if it's still installed.

Since both versions of Nero sound like they're OEM versions.

And will only work with the burner they came with, unless u change the serial #.

gradebdan
26-12-2006, 07:44 PM
I think I have it sorted now:-Delete the old Nero oem that came with the cd burner,remove the cd burner. Add the new dvd burner, install the new 6.6 Nero oem.
I did not realise that an oem has to match the burner it was sold with. Cheers