PDA

View Full Version : .tif to .doc Folder

Poppa John
26-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi All.... I have a folder Occupation.tif that I want to make a Word document. If I rename it Occupatin.doc, it comes out as all squares & things. How do I do it Please. PJ

R2x1
26-12-2006, 11:26 AM
I guess you mean a file, "Occupation.tif" and not a folder. You can insert it into a word document or copy/paste, a .tif is normally an image file, not a text type thing.

winmacguy
26-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Hi Poppa John, Here is an explanation of some formats
.tif, .gif, .jpg, .eps, .psd are all file extensions for image files
.doc, .txt and other are file extensions for text or word files. generally you would need to import or copy paste a .tif file into a word or text .doc in order to see or print the image file.

Poppa John
26-12-2006, 07:32 PM
I realise the .tif is a scanned image. Iwant to convert it into/onto a Word Document. I have done it before but cannot remember How. There must be a way surely? Copy & paste doesn't do it. PJ

pheonix
26-12-2006, 07:42 PM
open up a new word document.

Click through menu's ... Insert - picture - from file
and point it to the tif file.

trig42
26-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Did you scan it?

I think what you may be looking for is some sort of character recognition. Most scanners will come with some sort of 'reading' software which will scan you document and export it to word. You will have to open up this program and scan the document again.

Poppa John
26-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Did you scan it?

I think what you may be looking for is some sort of character recognition. Most scanners will come with some sort of 'reading' software which will scan you document and export it to word. You will have to open up this program and scan the document again.

Spot on. I have done this before with the MSOffice 2003 document scanning. As I am trying to do now. Along the way was an option to change the tif into Word. That's the bit I cannot find. PJ

Poppa John
26-12-2006, 10:17 PM
All sorted, Thanks.
Deleted everything I messed up.
Rescanned using Mirascan direct to Word as 5 seperate pages.
Then amalgamated them, copy & paste.
Now I only have to edit them & I am back to square one. PJ :cool:

SurferJoe46
27-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Are youse guys talking about something like TextBridge-Pro?