PDA

View Full Version : subwoofers in my car

tahstar
25-12-2006, 10:34 PM
I know this has nothing to do with pcs but im wondering if its better to bridge two subs together into a 2 channel amp or connect them separately. its a 2x2oowat amp i dont know what wattage the subs are they dont say. Also if the head unit says 4x50wat can it power 4 180wat speakers or will i need an amp for them? any opinions would be appreciated. chur

Greg
25-12-2006, 10:53 PM
The question begs to be asked... why would you need more than one sub in your car? And how many neighbours are you trying to annoy and / or how many of your mates are you attempting to impress?

tahstar
25-12-2006, 11:02 PM
na its like two subs in one box thats the way it came. I brought them off my mate for 100 buks and i already had an amp that wasnt being used so might as well use it.I got them bridged at the moment cos theyre already joined together inside the box but they dont seem to make much difference to what it used to sound like so Im jus wondering if i connect them separately would they work better its a station wagon and its not that loud from outside. Not tryin to annoy or impress anyone jus wanna feel the beat man!!

jermsie
25-12-2006, 11:06 PM
The beat is fantastic hehe.

tweak'e
26-12-2006, 09:40 AM
its proberly better to run a channel for each sub. on SOME good quailty amps you can run them in bridge mode (2x subs in parrallel @ 2 ohm off a bridged amp, not many amps like 2 ohm loads while in bridge mode)

Greg
26-12-2006, 09:51 AM
na its like two subs in one boxDoh! I shoulda thought of that - it's how my PC subwoofer box is configured.