PDA

View Full Version : My new non Xtra internet

Nomad
25-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Looks like my router says I get 6304 160 abouts. My actual is 1700 and 117 abouts.

I downloaded the same file off Adobe a demo. My browser does at 50kb/sec, download accelerator does 225kb/sec.

I am on Xnet, I bought 16GB of data, doesn't have any fair use policy and such.

What the heck. Is this Telecom purposely restricting it or is it a network issue/capacity issue?

:annoyed:

jermsie
25-12-2006, 04:42 PM
That thought has gone through my mind. I have a 6624 downstream sync and get a max of 4mbps

Nomad
25-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Maybe thats why some pple on Go Large don't wanna leave, maybe it is not that bad after all. I mean if Telecom restricts each channel to say 50k, download accelerator may use 4/5 channels provides ~200kb/sec ..

I thought I paid for a non unlimited plan cos I get more speed.
Having said that it is way more faster than dialup even if 200MB takes 1hr if not more, too bad some websites don't allow download accelerator or maybe I may reinstall it, perhaps the linkages is a bit buggy.

Big John
25-12-2006, 05:02 PM
That thought has gone through my mind. I have a 6624 downstream sync and get a max of 4mbps

You think that's bad. I have a solid 8000 connection all the time and should get about 800KB/sec download from it. Used to when Jetstream was first put in all those years ago and we were truely unleashed (got 740KB/s much of the time) but now get 340KB/s. It maxs out at the all the time regardless of when/where connections are made. This is the fastest it ever gets. Often slower.

kiwikeith
26-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Well I am on the adventurer plan and received a letter from Xtra advising me that because I cant get the promised speeds they are going to give me a months free internet! But heres the kicker,they are suggesting I go back to dialup instead of carrying on with the crippled broadband!!!!! Is xtra trying to shed customers now they have too many and cant keep their promises!!??