PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Function keys don't function

Greg
24-12-2006, 03:57 PM
We've got a two year old laptop on which I've just been trying to sort out the lousy sounds. There's an Fn key which is used in conjunction with the Function keys to raise and lower the volume, but they have no effect. Similarily to the screen brightness and contrast. These worked when we got the machine and haven't been used. I'm convinced it's not a hardware problem - but a settings issue.

The manual isn't any help.

Can anyone advise please?

The warranty expires in a few weeks, and I'd feel rather stupid taking it in if the issue is just a setting.

The machine is an Asus A4500L running WXP Home SP2.

Thanks!

bk T
24-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Try to reinstall the drivers for function keys. Check your laptop's driver CD see whether there is any driver for the 'Function' keys.

If you have the user manual with you, go thru it once again, you may find a short cut key to activate this function.

You may also phone their Service Centre and they may be able to tell you how to activate it.

Good luck

winmacguy
24-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Greg don't be embarrassed about taking your laptop in if it is still under warranty. That is what warrantys are for - unless you can solve the problem before the warranty expires.