PDA

View Full Version : Sony Dual Layer dvd rw

hammer
22-12-2006, 11:20 AM
wierd.... it hasing been working fine for ages... no problems.. today i went to copy a couple of cd's and... it just wont happen.... the properties for the Cd's keeps coming up as 488mb not 700mb ....
why the hell this would happen after it has been going good i dont know but where would i start to correct it...

i really dont want to upgrade firmware etc. the last dvd writer i had blew out when i did that.... any ideas..??

jermsie
22-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Does it read DVDs? Where did you read the properties of the cd? In my computer i assume

hammer
22-12-2006, 11:40 AM
a bland dvd is coming up no free space.... yes i read the properties in ...my computer..... but windows media showed the same amount of free space and would only enter 14 songs....

pctek
22-12-2006, 12:10 PM
a bland dvd is coming up no free space.... .

What about ornate or exciting DVDs?

HAve you tried different brand media?

hammer
22-12-2006, 12:18 PM
ok my typing is s...t .... i dont really have exciting ones ... mostly just kids stuff, holidays coming up....

but yeah i tried different brands same results....

have just uninstalled dvd writer ..restarted... and now it is picking up the cd's correctly but still showing dvd's with no free space.....

wierd..

Speedy Gonzales
22-12-2006, 01:44 PM
And how are u copying whatever??

If you're using XP, it doesn't support burning to DVD's.

It wouldn't know what you're doing.

And what program besides My computer, are you using?

Have you got Nero or Nerovision? If u have, are you using these?

And I take it, you're not formatting these CD's/DVD's. Before u do whatever.

hammer
22-12-2006, 02:04 PM
for the dvd's i was using intervideo windvd creator... have used it many times before.. used it yesterday successfully..