PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail & Xtra

bk T
21-12-2006, 10:13 PM
I cannot receive emails from Hotmail since this afternoon. No problem with others. Have tried both Outlook & Xtra's webmail to receive but nothing happens. Can't bother to phone Xtra 'cause of the long wait.

Anyone else having this problem?

Renmoo
21-12-2006, 10:15 PM
A friend of mine was having problem with her Xtra e-mail this morning. Not too sure what's the problem, though.

Cheers :)

winmacguy
21-12-2006, 10:20 PM
My hotmail has been fine all day although I am with Telstra.

gum digger
21-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Selected internationl sites are working for me. THis is bull****. It was speed - then data caps - traffic shapping - pop3 email arriving late - and now its bluddy connectivity. I cannot belive how telecom survives.

stu161204
21-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Selected internationl sites are working for me. THis is bull****. It was speed - then data caps - traffic shapping - pop3 email arriving late - and now its bluddy connectivity. I cannot belive how telecom survives.

thats telecom for you.

bk T
21-12-2006, 10:35 PM
My hotmail has been fine all day although I am with Telstra.

I'm sure there is nothing wrong with my Hotmail, its Xtra that is giving me the problem. My hotmail sends and receives emails without any problem. My Xtra email cannot receive emails from Hotmail. Sending to Hotmail is OK.

Jams
21-12-2006, 10:47 PM
for the past couple of days, xtra hasnt been able to access international bandwidth. i wasn unable to sign into MSN and access anything outside of NZ for a day or so. so this may still be effecting you.

bk T
21-12-2006, 10:57 PM
for the past couple of days, xtra hasnt been able to access international bandwidth. i wasn unable to sign into MSN and access anything outside of NZ for a day or so. so this may still be effecting you.

My International bandwidth and MSN are working OK (of course, my 'super fast' speed still has not been "UNLEASHED" , probably will have to wait for another few YEARS or may not even happen at all???).

But notice that I can't receive any emails from Hotmail accounts.

smithie 38
22-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Hi bk T

I had what I think was the same problem as you a couple of weeks ago and after a lot of trying I found this explanation in the Hotmail website -

"Cannot access my free Hotmail account from Outlook or Outlook Express

To protect our users from the increasing amount of unsolicited junk e-mail or spam sent from MSN Hotmail accounts through Outlook and Outlook Express, we have reluctantly had to restrict the new use of Outlook and Outlook Express to subscribers.

By making this feature part of a subscription, (which requires a user to provide billing information), we can more effectively manage and put a stop to abuse of this functionality, and help protect you and others from unsolicited mail.

If you purchase a subscription service such as MSN Hotmail Plus or MSN Premium, you get access to your account from Outlook or Outlook Express, along with many other added features."

My tech told me if I want to access my Hotmail account from Outlook Express I will have to pay the subscription of $19.95.

Could this be the reason why you are now having probs??

Smithie

bk T
22-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Hi bk T

I had what I think was the same problem as you a couple of weeks ago and after a lot of trying I found this explanation in the Hotmail website -

"Cannot access my free Hotmail account from Outlook or Outlook Express

To protect our users from the increasing amount of unsolicited junk e-mail or spam sent from MSN Hotmail accounts through Outlook and Outlook Express, we have reluctantly had to restrict the new use of Outlook and Outlook Express to subscribers.

By making this feature part of a subscription, (which requires a user to provide billing information), we can more effectively manage and put a stop to abuse of this functionality, and help protect you and others from unsolicited mail.

If you purchase a subscription service such as MSN Hotmail Plus or MSN Premium, you get access to your account from Outlook or Outlook Express, along with many other added features."

My tech told me if I want to access my Hotmail account from Outlook Express I will have to pay the subscription of $19.95.

Could this be the reason why you are now having probs??

Smithie

I don't think this is the reason. When I send an hotmail to my Xtra address, nothing arrives at my Xtra mail, even when using Xtra's webmail. I can receive my hotmail from my Gmail, no problem.

Looks like Xtra has somehow blocked all my hotmails. Have asked my friend to send me a hotmail and the same problem happens.

Shortcircuit
22-12-2006, 12:11 PM
No, mine's working through Xtra/OE, just sent myself an e-mail from Xtra to Hotmail and arrived in seconds.

I have had the problem since hotmail required 'subscription' that I get an 'unknown error' when I open OE, but it's fine when I then check hotmail.

mark c
22-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Abandon both Hotmail and Xtra.

Well, more like jettison them really.