PDA

View Full Version : AN INTERESTING SITUATION

chaith
21-12-2006, 04:17 PM
ppl,
my comp is a HP p4 3.06
its got a dvd writer (hp dvd writer 365d) .
the problem is the drive has stopped reading any cd's.
It still writes and reads dvds but cant read or write any cds.

any Help here would be greatly appreciated.
i have already tried updating , uninstalling and reinstalling drivers.

Jen
21-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Welcome to PressF1 :)

From your computer specifications I guess your system is still under warranty? I would return it to them for a new optical drive as your one is probably faulty.

jermsie
21-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Maybe a firmware upgrade? With caution though

gum digger
21-12-2006, 10:42 PM
yep. They include warranty in the cost so why not give it back to them. do not hesitate.

chaith
23-12-2006, 06:55 PM
thanks ppl.
The thing is my hp comp was not a standard model. The dealer upgraded another model coz the one i wanted was unavailable .
So the hp guys didnt/ could'nt do anything when i asked them and by the time i got through with them my "time"was up.
BAd luck i guess.
Anyway the dealer suggested a new cd drive !

R2x1
23-12-2006, 08:27 PM
thanks ppl.
The thing is my hp comp was not a standard model. The dealer upgraded another model coz the one i wanted was unavailable .
So the hp guys didnt/ could'nt do anything when i asked them and by the time i got through with them my "time"was up.
BAd luck i guess.
Anyway the dealer suggested a new cd drive !
Perhaps you suggest to the dealer that he give you a current business card so the Commerce Comission get his name right in their investigation ?
They cannot make you covenant out of your rights. It is their reponsibility.

Trev
23-12-2006, 11:09 PM
How long have you had the computer. You are also protected by the Consumers Gaurantee's Act.

http://www.consumer.org.nz/topic.asp?docid=918&category=Legal%20Rights&subcategory=Beginners%20guides&topic=Consumer%20Guarantees%20Act
Trevor :)

FoxyMX
24-12-2006, 09:32 AM
BAd luck i guess.

No it's not. Go back and tell them they have an obligation to fix it. And do what R2x1 said if they won't.

chaith
29-12-2006, 02:32 AM
THANKS PPL. the warranty has expired.....
ill check the link trev.

catch y'all later