PDA

View Full Version : Viruses

jenlad
20-12-2006, 07:22 AM
About a week ago I had to completely restore my computer because of viruses. It has been working so much better. But last night I was using movie maker, editing a video, when the comp completely froze. It also has been saying im low on virtual memory??? Which I dont really have much on my comp except for some pics, music and 2hrs worth of video. Then today, the same thing happened ,but this time a pop up came up saying dumrep.exe, so I researched it and found in a forum to bring up my syst configuration, and in startup tab get rid of dumprep.exe. But there was none listed??? On top of that, I noticed that rundll32.exe was in that listing in startup tab, which concerns me because that would always pop up when my comp was filled with viruses. Someone help please.

The_End_Of_Reality
20-12-2006, 07:43 AM
There was no need to post the topic twice, I have posted in your other thread, read that.

As for this thread, a mod will either merge the threads or delete this one and move the other one over to here

kjaada
20-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Advice I have seen says dumprep is a part of windows and can cause problems if it is deleted.