PDA

View Full Version : Wireless keyboard playing up but works fine when USB keyboard also plugged in

digikiwi
19-12-2006, 02:29 PM
This has me stumped. I have a wireless Logitech y-rj20 keyboard with MX700 mouse. The keyboard works intermittently. Sometimes I get a lag in typing, especially in my gmail account or Java driven boxes in browser windows. Now it just doesn't work at all at certain times and then works again, all quite randomly as far as I can tell.

I have updated to the latest keyboard and mouseware drivers but the problem returned after one day.

The really cute thing is that right now I have plugged in an additional USB keyboard and it works fine. Moreover with this keyboard plugged in the Logitech keyboard also works fine. When I remove the USB keyboard the Wireless one starts acting up again.

Any ideas?

Digikiwi

CYaBro
19-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Can you try this wireless keyboard on another PC to see if it does the same thing?

digikiwi
19-12-2006, 02:38 PM
I'll give that a go tonight. So assuming it didn't replicate the problem where would you be inclined to look next?

SolMiester
19-12-2006, 02:48 PM
New batteries also.......

digikiwi
19-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Already tried that Solmiester, also checked the PS2 converter plug which was wobbly so now WL Keyboard is plugged into USB port.

SolMiester
19-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Thought you might have digi....bit of a gotcha that one.....

digikiwi
19-12-2006, 03:13 PM
No worries Soulmiester,

It always pays to assume nothing and check the basics (why else would "Xxxxxing for Idiots" books be so popular).

Still weird though. I'm inclined to think it must be a software issue as I would expect a hardware fault to be more consistent. Why does it work fine with the second keyboard plugged in?

johcar
19-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Any other transmitting appliances nearby that might be causing interference? The specific instances of lag that you cite may be coincidental...

digikiwi
19-12-2006, 06:36 PM
I have a Bluetooth dongle about 50cm away and that is new. But the problem didn't coincide with it's installation.