PDA

View Full Version : Acrobat - joining pages

Nomad
18-12-2006, 12:51 PM
I have a older version of Acrobat. I have cropped 2 A4 pages, I want to join these (2) up, is it possible?

Thanks

Speedy Gonzales
18-12-2006, 01:03 PM
You could try one of these (http://www.sobolsoft.com/)

Looks like its shareware tho.

davehartley
18-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I'd use PDFCreator (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/). A nice freebie that creates PDFs ... use the latest Acrobat Reader to print the two-page PDF to the PDFCreator on an A3 sheet with "2-up" (or whatever the lingo is). Result: A PDF with two A4 sheets side by side :)

Nomad
18-12-2006, 04:40 PM
What I am looking for is I have 2 crop sections of A4, both of them together are smaller than (1) A4. So I want to stitch them together so they fit into (1) A4 page. Possible? I don't want side by side.

davehartley
18-12-2006, 04:49 PM
I still think my way would work ... since Acrobat Reader allows you to "fit to page" when printing, you could 'print' both pages on A5 ... and use the PDFCreator printer driver to put them onto A4. Should work -- just might take a few goes to get the printer settings right. Anyone else got any suggestions?

Scouse
18-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi Nomad. Try this...
open blank Word doc.
open first pdf and copy to clipboard.
paste from clipboard to Word doc.
open second pdf and copy to clipboard
past to same Word doc.

Nomad
18-12-2006, 05:41 PM
I have a older version of full Adobe Acrobat.

The MS Word technique does not work because the PDF was not created under MS Word, so its all off aligned, plus the scanned image was an application form "hand written and signed".

I just sent it via in 2 pages, they can mess with it. I think the best way was cutting away the form that was not important with a pair of scissors, complete the form and then scan 2 pieces of paper on the scanner at the same time and create that PDF.

I used Acrobat and printed the pages onto A5 and chose 2 pages per page rotated landscape. It worked however there is a major gap between the first and the 2nd page (or the first half of the application form and the 2nd half). Acrobat appears to have things like insert pages, replace pages, rotate, crop and all other things but they don't have stitch, puzzles me.

winmacguy
18-12-2006, 05:54 PM
That is because your trying to do something that Acrobat is not designed for. Quark or InDesign would solve the problem that you have/had, as for using Word... Yuck!!!

msnforum
20-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Oh well, at least I have my new Acrobat Reader 8.0. You guys will be so shocked, it's true.

winmacguy
20-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Although I haven't seen it yet, I take it by that comment that Acrobat 8 can join cropped pages.