PDA

View Full Version : Catalyst Control Center ATi Cards

gum digger
17-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Hi
I have no choice but to use Catalyst control center to enable mytv output. now there are 2 choices to output Clone main toTV and Extend main to tv. extend main to tv is recommended for watching movies. but when this mode is enabled only my wallpaper is displayed on the tv, when i have a movie running in vlc with vdo overlay on.

This is the latest version of catlyst control center iam using

Jen
21-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Not sure how the Catalyst Centre works, but did you make sure your VLC is on screen two (TV)? Try dragging the VLC window over and see if it appears on the TV screen.

Speedy Gonzales
21-12-2006, 10:48 AM
I found the newer ATI drivers too confusing.

And the settings didn't stick, when I configured TV out.

I had to reconfigure TV out, every time I rebooted.

I just stick with the drivers that came with my card, a lot easier and the settings stay put.

When I right mouse on the desktop and go to properties / settings / advanced / displays, and click on the TV picture.

If the latest version has a theatre mode option like the ones on these, select that and see if u get a pic.

MopTop
21-12-2006, 02:30 PM
You have two options as I see it.

First, if your primary display (monitor) is set to a resolution comparable to your TV, selecting clone as an option will work. This will 'run' the TV on both monitor's.

Second, selecting Extend creates your TV as a secondary monitor. Initially you will only see your wallpaper. Any application you would like to run on the TV you must drag to the TV.
This means running the app, restoring it down to a window (not minimised) and dragging this across to your TV. In Display manager you can move your displays around so that they match your physical orientation. That way when you move off the edge of your pc monitor, your mouse will move to your TV.

Agent_24
21-12-2006, 03:39 PM
As far as I know, whichever display you want the video to appear on has to be the primary display. the other one will just display a black sqare.

If you clone them, then click 'swap display mapping' that should do it.