PDA

View Full Version : eVGA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard

Motokid600
16-12-2006, 05:22 PM
I had posted this question in an earlier thread of mine. it was on the 2nd page so ppl just over saw it and i never got an answer. so here it is up front. On that topic a user said that evga mobos and western digital hdds suck. i planed on getting a pc with a eVGA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard and a 320 gig WD hdd. so what is wrong with them that makes them...suck?

Speedy Gonzales
16-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Because WD hdd's aren't reliable and don't last long.

trinsic
16-12-2006, 06:14 PM
The thread in question from what I remember was talking about WDRaptor's. Being the fastest SATA's around I don't see how they suck at all (just look at places like OCF or OCNZ there are gamers and alike who use them without problems as well as in RAID's). IMO I would go for the Seagate though as they are cheaper and simply last longer then most other brands.

Also the 680i had some BIOS problems which I'm sure will be fixed. Suck = no

pctek
16-12-2006, 07:41 PM
The thread in question from what I remember was talking about WDRaptor's. Being the fastest SATA's around I don't see how they suck at all (just look at places like OCF or OCNZ there are gamers and alike who use them without problems as well as in RAID's). IMO I would go for the Seagate though as they are cheaper and simply last longer then most other brands.

Also the 680i had some BIOS problems which I'm sure will be fixed. Suck = no

Normal WDs suck. Can't comment on the Raptors due to a lack of personal experience with their reliabilty. They do run faster and hotter.

However normal WDs have a 3 yr warranty. Seagate and Raptors have a 5 year warranty.

Seagate in my experience generally last and last, the percentage of failures is very low.

CYaBro
17-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Looking at an NForce 680i mainboard?
You might want to take a read of this (http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTI0NCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==)