PDA

View Full Version : Monitor still jittery

Ninjabear
14-12-2006, 07:50 PM
So I've downloaded the new drivers from Ati

Installed them.In system under device manager I chose Phillips 170B 17"monitor

But the scroll speed is still very slow and the image overlaps another or fuzzy

Made no difference

Does anyone else have any idea how to solve this problem?

Jen
14-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Original thread (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=74999)

It makes it hard to help when people create a new thread on the same problem.

However, from your other thread it appears to only have jittery movement when you are scrolling a page? Does this include documents as well as web pages? Everything else looks OK? Have you checked your mouse scroll settings to make sure they look OK?

pctek
14-12-2006, 09:18 PM
SP1 or SP2 installed? Cause I'd say its still refresh rate.....

Ninjabear
14-12-2006, 11:22 PM
I've changed the refresh rate before still doesn't help

With documents.

It isn't as jittery as scrolling using web browsers

Jen
14-12-2006, 11:28 PM
What happens if you fire up the Pinball game that comes with XP? Do the graphics and ball movement also show this problem. I'm interested in this because you don't scroll but it has active graphics showing.

Have you checked the mouse scroll settings?

Ninjabear
14-12-2006, 11:34 PM
The pinball games actually works fine.It was running smoothly without any problems

I went to check the mouse motion speed.It is set in the middle

Ninjabear
14-12-2006, 11:35 PM
I can't find the scroll speed settings unforunately

Jen
15-12-2006, 07:22 AM
You can find the scroll settings under Control Panel > Mouse > Wheel tab. See if it is set on "The following number of lines at a time: 3".

Ninjabear
15-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Yes it is at 3

jontee
15-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Had same prob a while back AFTER udateing my my MS scroll mouse (windows update) so did a s/restore and been good ever since!!!!

Ninjabear
16-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Still haven't been able to fix the jittery on the monitor

Without opening the computer up how do I check if there's a integrated graphics card inside the computer?

Maybe I can use that instead of the Ati 9250 graphics card and see if thats the problem.

There is another VGA port near the serial port but it doesn't seem to be responding.

Im not quite sure if there is an integrated graphics card.Anyone has any ideas?

Speedy Gonzales
16-12-2006, 08:30 PM
If the monitor connection / cable is on the top looking from the back of the case then its onboard.

If its in a slot which is usually in the middle / near the bottom, looking from the back it maybe an AGP / PCI videocard.

Which means the video isn't onboard. If you've already got an AGP / PCI card in the case, you may have to take it out, before the onboard videocard will work.

DaveBritton
16-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Try adjusting the "Moire Reduction" setting on the monitor, maybe that will help ?