PDA

View Full Version : Slow Speeds from Xtra

Annanz
13-12-2006, 11:53 PM
The Last 10 days been impossible to play video clips from international sites like YouTube or CNSNews etc. For example to play 3 min video clip from YouTube it takes about 8 minutes to load. Canít play Youtube video clips in real time anymore. But if I play video clips from TVNZ all any other New Zealand site it plays without any problem.

Rang Xtra twice and they said they will look into it but nothing ever happens. Original said the problem would be solved by Monday Afternoon. Firstly they said it could be my computer then I pointed out that video clips from NZ site plays without a problem. They said I could change my plan and that could improve the solution. Iím on the Go Large plan at the moment.

qazwsxokmijn
13-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Don't be surprised...Go Large is actually Go Small, Slow, and Haywire.

Go Large is notorious for being really slow, troublesome and too over-hyped by xtra themselves. God I wish I could kill them all!!! :p

Go Large pretty much traffic shapes everything.....international traffic is shaped....P2P is shaped....you come up with something, they probably traffic shape that too....

jesse_jax
14-12-2006, 05:07 AM
Don't be surprised...Go Large is actually Go Small, Slow, and Haywire.

Go Large is notorious for being really slow, troublesome and too over-hyped by xtra themselves. God I wish I could kill them all!!! :p

Go Large pretty much traffic shapes everything.....international traffic is shaped....P2P is shaped....you come up with something, they probably traffic shape that too.... yeep its true, they even traffic shape your toilet water.

trinsic
14-12-2006, 07:21 AM
Go Large pretty much traffic shapes everything.....international traffic is shaped....P2P is shaped....you come up with something, they probably traffic shape that too....

lol I liked that :D
Thing is it is so true. FTP isn't that great showing signs of slowness and international sites like youTube are quite slow now. IMO Go Large was intended for Webmail and HTTP use only and anything else was shaped. And each day they add something new to the list.

qazwsxokmijn
14-12-2006, 11:23 AM
yeep its true, they even traffic shape your toilet water.
I knew it!!! I tried to convince myself they're not, but my flusher can't even flush tissues down!!!

Rob99
14-12-2006, 11:30 AM
God I wish I could kill them all!!!

God here.. your wish has been granted.. go ahead and kill at will.. nothing will happen to you, you have my word.

Nomad
14-12-2006, 11:43 AM
People probably suggest you move onto a different plan but then its not unlimited usage. You can ask to go back to one of Xtra's former plans, again its not unlimited.

qazwsxokmijn
14-12-2006, 12:50 PM
God here.. your wish has been granted.. go ahead and kill at will.. nothing will happen to you, you have my word.
Your name clear says Rob99....besides, I'm an atheist. ;)

Of course, a solution is moving on to another plan....but there's the data cap. Punks....

Rob99
14-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Your name clear says Rob99....besides, I'm an atheist. ;)O crap I've been found out.:horrified

jesse_jax
14-12-2006, 03:51 PM
woosh now offers adsl thats unlimited, and its not xtra's go large being resold either, because you can get your interleaving taken off(if your gonna be using voip or gaming this is useful) so ya im moving to them at end of this month(oh and the plan is max speed/128). hopfully i still get my buetiful 700kb/s download speeds with them as thats what i get with orcon