PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem (please help!!)

Chapagne
13-12-2006, 05:55 AM
It all started with freezes, reboots or shuts down when opening certain aplications (like for instance msn or mozilla) then these things begin to happen just more fequently and sometimes the pc would turn off and just stay like that until I unplugged it and plug it again. Not wanting to bother checking if it was a soft problem I formated the hard disc.
But now its worse, when i try installing windows an error appears in an aleatory part of the process

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS-OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0X000000D1 (0X00230026, 0X00000002, 0X0000000, 0XF998F3DF

The driver tends to vary and sometimes it doesnt even appear
I tried changing the ram, but nothing happenned(cause i read somewhere it could be a ram problem) I even tried puting it on different slots etc to see what happened but its still the same.I dont have a clue of what it can be
If anyone can help me i would be very thankful!!

FoxyMX
13-12-2006, 07:59 AM
What are the specs of the computer? What size is the PSU? Try another PSU.

Myth
13-12-2006, 08:13 AM
Last week my g/f's machine started doing strange stuff, spitting out all sorts of errors, shutting down (except the keyboard light was still on).
Ended up being faulty motherboard

Try swapping out parts (start with RAM, PSU, disconnect all but needed drives, try different cables, then start by swapping out the CPU if you can).
Its a long tedious process of taking out one part, install another, try install OS, find that doesnt work, put original part back, swap out something else. Patience is a virtue :thumbs:

Chapagne
13-12-2006, 08:26 AM
Thamnks, I thinks its the motherboeard too, cause i,ve try disconecting and changing everything (except the cpu) and the error is still there.
Just in case someone knows something else I have a:
P4 2.1
256 DDR 333Mhz
SIS motherboard (dont remember the exact model)
Nvida Gforce 128 Mb
Lite on cd
Benq dvd

pctek
13-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Its a driver error.

Ram can sometimes cause it but 90% of the time its a driver.

Myth
13-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Does the motherboard have integrated graphics?
If so, have you tried reinstalling without the nvidia card and using integrated graphics?
Also make sure that the motherboard is looking for the right card first (set in BIOS)

trig42
13-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Having exactly the same problem with my Big puta at the moment, 0xD1 errors with NDIS.sys the file it is saying it has problems with. I have swapped out the NIC and replaced it's drivers, which reduced the frequency of the errors, but they still happen. Microsofts online crash analysis points to the network card most of the time, it has pointed to the VGA card a couple of times though.

As above have said, I think the best way to fix this error is a driver cleanout, or Windows reinstall as a last resort.

dchip
13-12-2006, 10:49 AM
At this stage you may look at trying another os on that hardware configuration to help establish where the fault may lay.

Grab a live distro of linux and boot from that, it the same prob occurs then you need to look closely at the hardware as apposed to driver/os/setting specific issues.

I'd be getting the puppy (http://www.puppylinux.org/user/downloads.php?cat_id=1&download_id=56) to sniff this one out!!