PDA

View Full Version : Wireless router DCing constantly

camor
11-12-2006, 02:46 PM
My wireless router constantly disconnects for a split second but comes straight back on. My latency is always good around 75ms - 200ms even with 3 computers on the internet at the same time. I use a wireless D-Link DI-524 model. I have cable internet connection. Please reply if you need anymore info or have an answer for me as to why it is doing this. The interent modem is also constantly running if that has anything to do wiht it.

Thank You, please help

xfirenz
11-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Is it your wireless connection dropping or your actual lan link dropping out because some modems have issues with wireless and can sometimes force your wireless link to disconnect all the time?

camor
11-12-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure but i'll explain what happens. Ill be browsing or playing a game and out of no where the "internet DCs" on every computer at the same time but it comes back on quick enough to open up a browser right afterwards without adjusting anything. It is almost like an "air bubble" in the line or something. It lasts only for a split second, just enouhg to kick me off. I'm not sure what is happening.

xfirenz
11-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Ok you need to ensure that its not the router or just wifi etc, often wifi will scan for new access points close by and if for what ever reason it finds one it will attempt a conection with that. I suggest to test further plug a lan cable into your router and run on a lan cable and if the problem disappears then I would recommend looking into your laptops wireless setup possibly you have a driver issue. Do you know what your wireless lan card is?