PDA

View Full Version : Windows Exploder left hand pain

Brain_Cell_Anon
11-12-2006, 01:48 AM
Gentle Peeps!
I am almost positive that at some time in the past, when using Windows Explhorror that in the left hand 'frame' (where the 'File and Folder Tasks', 'Other Places' and 'Details', er, sections are, oh, and when a picture is hi-lighted in the right hand 'frame' it displays a little version of it under the 'Details',er, tag) that if I hi-lighted a webpage it would be displayed under said 'Details' tag.
Now it isn't doing it, which means (unless I've left my brain cell in the other room) that some where along the line I've changed a setting.
Clear as a bell in mud that, a?
Can any one tell me this setting and how to get it back?
This is, of course, unless I am a complete Feeble and it never showed the webpage in the first place, and my only remaining cell is having it's own fun at my expense!?!
:D
Many regards,
The Cell
PS Hope you get what you wished for!! ;)

Vince
11-12-2006, 02:13 AM
What was that?:confused:

SurferJoe46
11-12-2006, 06:37 AM
I think I got the question all figgered out.

He/she says that when they are looking at files and folders in Explorer, they don't see the sample in the tree on the left.

Here's what to do.

If the tree is white, click on the little "X" in the upper right corner of the tree itself, not the whole page, and it'll turn the tree blue. From there, you will see the sample of the file in the lowest part of the tree area.

When you are trying to just look around, searching in drives and stuff, right click them and click on "EXPLORE" instead of just left clicking and opening the file/drive/folder. It makes it easier to manage things when they aren't "opened".

FoxyMX
11-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer? And which version of Windows?

Joe seems to know what you are on about but I don't think I have come across this little trick before. If Joe hasn't helped perhaps more details could be given.

pcuser42
11-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Uh, only XP offers this function IIRC.