PDA

View Full Version : Litescribe annoyance

supersi
10-12-2006, 01:27 PM
I've just bought an HP Litescribe DvD writer, talk about buyers remorse....

Anyway, it came with Nero 6.5. In Nero Cover Designer there is a narrow band around the CD from which you can insert the text or image you want to burn onto the DvD/CD. Is there any way of broadening the band so you can use more of the area on the DvD/CD?

Or is there a better program to use to design covers?

R2x1
10-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Your inserted image or text is using space where the data ain't. If you don't bother with any data, you could use almost the entire disc for decoration. Bit like NCEA, just wallpaper.

Breezzee
10-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Also you can put a image as your background and that will burn over the entire surface of the disk. I also see, that now you can get different colour disks. Not just the default gold ones. I'm very happy with my drive supersi.

TeejayR
10-12-2006, 06:10 PM
I've got a BENQ DW1625 Lightscribe drive and am really happy withe the printing results - obviously varies with the quality of the source image used

Mine runs Nero 6.5 as well - you can effectively take your image to the centre of the disc. The disc, or Nero's interpretation of the printable are of the disc, determines what you can print - this should display in the preview mode.

The real interesting question is that when someone brings out a lightscribe disc that can be printed almost to the centre of the cd (such as the label on the PC World CD/DVD) - will Nero 6.5 allow this.

Can't wait to check out the different colours of disc - I wonder if they are the 2nd generation disks that are supposed to have better brightness and contrast for the printing

Myth
10-12-2006, 06:57 PM
IM trying the poor mans version of lightscribe, but unfortunately the CD's keep jamming the rollers of my printer :D :badpc:

Sweep
10-12-2006, 07:05 PM
I bought a HP Lightscribe CD writer some time back and it died within three weeks. Received replacement and this died in two weeks.

I note that my supplier does not stock these anymore. In just checking there is no Lightscribe CD writers of any make or model listed.

supersi
10-12-2006, 10:02 PM
OK, problem solved! I found a program called 'Sure Thing Labeler 4 SE'.
It works a lot better than the crappy old Nero utility because the interface is user friendly. I just burned a wicked looking label from an actual TV series logo image found in Google Images.