PDA

View Full Version : having problems with belkin wireless g usb network adapter help!

lisamarie01
09-12-2006, 05:41 PM
im trying to install one along with broadband and its just not happening, i got the router installed on my end but the usb adapter wont install on the other end, im not talking about seeing the other computer we havent even got that far, its the found new hardware wizard that pops up we show it to the disk that came with it and it wont find the drivers just keeps looking then comes back saying it couldnt find drivers, if i bypass that and install manually it still doesnt work, can anyone help? thanks

CYaBro
09-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Have you run the setup on the drivers disc?
You usually have to do that first and then it will tell you when to plug in the USB adaptor.

lisamarie01
09-12-2006, 06:50 PM
heya, yep done that, and gone thru the pat that says you can now plug it in but it still doesnt work cause it says drivers arent installed properly etc.

Sweep
09-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Have you run the setup on the drivers disc?
You usually have to do that first and then it will tell you when to plug in the USB adaptor.

Agreed. I don't know in which order you tried to install the hardware.

Something tells me you have two computers and are trying to network along with connecting to the internet.

Do you have two computers?

lisamarie01
09-12-2006, 07:03 PM
yep, thats the point of the router, just connected to broadband which is up and running just need the usb to work, if i can get the usb adapter to work then we might be half way there lol

lisamarie01
09-12-2006, 07:05 PM
sorry yes have two computers, would be happy just to get them to see each other at this point.and installed the software first then put the key in when it said i could in the order it said thats about the time the found new hardware wizard comes up and cant find the drivers , if i go into hardware settings to the usb adapter it says drivers not installed, running windows xp by the way :) thanks

CYaBro
09-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Maybe try download the latest drivers from Belkins website.
Have you had any probs with any other USB devices on this PC?

CliveM
10-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Belkin's 0800 support is worth a try.