PDA

View Full Version : DP65LT Mother Board install ?

rd400f
09-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Hi
I am building a PC to run Solid Works and run Motor simulation software.
Can some one confirm for me that when you install the DDR2 Ram that you fill both the Dimm 0 channel A and B first even though those two slots are not next to each other.
I have more questions to come as the mother board will not startup but I will start with the Ram question.
Thanks
Richard

Jen
09-12-2006, 05:05 PM
You put the RAM into the matching colour coded RAM slots in pairs to make use of the dual channel technology. Your motherboard manual should also have clear instructions on this too.

Have you noted the comments about what sort of RAM is compatible with that particular motherboard? It would be wise to ensure your RAM meets the Intel specifications given here (http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/lt/lt_mem.htm) otherwise it may not boot or even POST with it. :)

Welcome to PressF1 as well.

rd400f
09-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Hi
Thanks for the welcome.
I have installed this...2 x 1024MB DDR2 667MHz Non-ECC memory module Kit...into the two matched colored slots.
This Ram is compatible ?
My next question is about the Front Panel 9 pin plugs.My new AXT case has names on each of the plugs that go on the Front Panel pins.Should those names face out or in..??
As you can install them either way and I don't get any Power On or HD LEDs lighting up.
Thanks
Richard

pctek
09-12-2006, 05:57 PM
You bought a motherboard.

The motherboard came with a book.

In the book is instructions on how to install the ram and which slots to use.
And little diagrams showing how to connect up things like front USB etc.

Jen
09-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Firstly, what is the exact brand name of the RAM. Intel has a list of supported 1.8 Volt RAM that is known to work with that board. It has known problems with some RAM ratings.

On your motherboard there should be a LED situated between the main power connection and the RAM slot which should be lit if the board is receiving power.

Your manual has a diagram for the front header pins and the cable pins from the case should also be labelled. Bit hard to give advice which way around they should go without seeing them. :)

rd400f
09-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Hi
This is a brand new Intel motherboard...you get ONE page that contains very few words and quite a few pics.Not what I would call comprehensive instructions.
The instructions for installing the Front Panel plugs DOES not show which orientation the plugs go.They are two pin plugs that can connect both ways.
There are clear instructions as to where each plug goes...but thats not what I asked.
Thanks
Richard

You bought a motherboard.

The motherboard came with a book.

In the book is instructions on how to install the ram and which slots to use.
And little diagrams showing how to connect up things like front USB etc.

Jen
09-12-2006, 06:22 PM
You can download your motherboard manual from here: DP965LT Technical Product Specification [PDF 2.19 MB, September 12, 2006] (http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/lt/lt_documentation.htm)

Speedy Gonzales
09-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Check this (http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-020836.htm) out.

And this is the info (http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-009016.htm) for the front panel.

rd400f
09-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Hi
The Ram is ... Kingston No KVR667D2N5K2/2G...it is not on the Intel web site but it's specs seem OK.
The LED on the motherboard comes on OK.
I have seen the diagram on the Intel site about the front header pins..but the plugs can be fitted ...label facing in or label facing out.
Thanks
Richard

Firstly, what is the exact brand name of the RAM. Intel has a list of supported 1.8 Volt RAM that is known to work with that board. It has known problems with some RAM ratings.

On your motherboard there should be a LED situated between the main power connection and the RAM slot which should be lit if the board is receiving power.

Your manual has a diagram for the front header pins and the cable pins from the case should also be labelled. Bit hard to give advice which way around they should go without seeing them. :)

Speedy Gonzales
09-12-2006, 07:06 PM
I have seen the diagram on the Intel site about the front header pins..but the plugs can be fitted ...label facing in or label facing out.
Thanks
Richard

It shouldnt matter. Just as long as theyre on the right pins on the FP connector, they'll work.

rd400f
09-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Hi
Speedy Gonzales ...thanks for confirming that.
Even though I can see that the Led on the board is lit and the fans run I still dont get any leds..power or HD..on the front of the case..no beeps from the board and nothing on screen.
Thanks
Richard

Speedy Gonzales
09-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Switch the wires around.

ie: If u put them on like this

o o
G R

Switch them round so its like this

o o

R G

And if this motherboard has an ATX 4 pin adapter on it, make sure the adapter from the power is plugged into it. Or it'll never work.

rd400f
09-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Hi
Tryed them both ways and the 12v(2x2) connector is in.
I will try some more reading tomorrow after I get back from my Drag racing.
Thanks
Richard

rd400f
24-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Hi
I am back trying to get this mother board install to work.
Does anyone know what voltage the Chassis 9-pin Front Panel Header pins have ?
I want to check that the LEDs on my cases front panel work..I have shoved 6volts up them and saw nothing.Might they be 12 volts?
Thanks
Richard