PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP password

Ninjabear
08-12-2006, 02:47 PM
How do I set a password in Windows XP

so that everytime I enter the windows xp welcome screen it will prompt me to type a password?

Nobody can get inside windows without typing a password?

CYaBro
08-12-2006, 03:16 PM
In the control panel go into User Accounts.
Select the user you want to set the password on.
Don't forget to put one on the Administrator or Owner account too if they are listed!

techiekid
08-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Start
Control Panel
User Accounts
Choose User (Click on Name)
Create a Password.

Greven
08-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Nobody can get inside windows without typing a password?

If you want to be sure noone can get into your XP machine without a password, you will also have to set a bootup password (in the BIOS) & lock your case shut, or someone could boot off a CD & wipe your password.

Metla
08-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Boot off a CD?

Lol.

all ya have to do is boot into safe mode, select teh admin account, go into control panel, click remove PW off any account that takes your fancy and reboot.

CYaBro
09-12-2006, 07:19 AM
all ya have to do is boot into safe mode, select teh admin account, go into control panel, click remove PW off any account that takes your fancy and reboot.

That's why I said don't forget to put a password on the Administrator account.

SurferJoe46
09-12-2006, 11:46 AM
That's why I said don't forget to put a password on the Administrator account.

The Administrator's account Metla mentioned was not the same as you think.

There's a hidden Administrtator's account in Safe Mode that opens everything, passwords or not...that's how I break into friends puters when they forget their passwords......

Besides, it you need to open or read a secured file, no matter what type it is, just e-mail that whole file to yourself and when it arrives, it is opened and unencrypted.