PDA

View Full Version : Broke video card or monitor?

allblack
07-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Ok guys....time to ask.

Apart from taking my PC to a different monitor, is there any test I can run to see if it's my video card/PC or monitor that making my visuals crap?

In short, any games I play, and Google Earth look like a kaleidescope (sp.?)...the pictures turn into long triangles and flicker and move across the screen.

Also, most of the icons on my desktop are stuffed, out of focus or completely non-existent including some of the letters attached to them.

Everything else works fine....

Help!!!!!!!!

Cheers
TM

FoxyMX
07-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Take the side off the PC, use an anti-static wrist strap and make sure that your graphics card has not come loose or had any bits knocked off it the last time you were under the hood.

If things are seated nice and firm I would suggest removing the modem you installed just in case that has upset things somehow. It's not likely to be the cause but weird things can happen. :rolleyes:

allblack
08-12-2006, 06:00 AM
Thanks Foxy....that's what Beetle's been on at me to do too.....might have to bite the bullet again and go to the Dark Side.

Maybe a mission for this weekend....I'll get the kids to help :thumbs:

Cheers
T

pctek
08-12-2006, 08:43 AM
In short, any games I play, and Google Earth look like a kaleidescope (sp.?)...the pictures turn into long triangles and flicker and move across the screen.

Its the card.

allblack
08-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Bugga!

You sound fairly sure...... :badpc:

Bugga!