PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Internet files

JJJJJ
06-12-2006, 09:42 PM
For some reason or other my temp i'net files will not delete. I can select them, but when I hit delete nothing happens. Have even tried deleting them one at a time. It just gives a bit of a wriggle and stays there. None of them will delete.
First time this has happened. Usually no problem deleting them.

Any suggestions?

beama
06-12-2006, 10:27 PM
try using disk clean up from within system tools
Or most browser allow to clean these up using their own methods
CCleaner is another way of dealing to these and other space wasters

KiwiTT_NZ
07-12-2006, 09:21 AM
I use CCLeaner as well. It runs automatically at startup.

FoxyMX
07-12-2006, 04:09 PM
CCleaner is good but for a really thorough job I use CleanUp451 (http://www.stevengould.org/software/cleanup/). Be sure to go through the options to disable any that you don't want cleaned before running it.

Misty
07-12-2006, 07:52 PM
CCleaner is good but for a really thorough job I use CleanUp451 (http://www.stevengould.org/software/cleanup/). Be sure to go through the options to disable any that you don't want cleaned before running it.
Hi Foxy - whatever you recommend is 100%. The problem is that some of us are mere mortals ! Can we make the choices to enhance what we do ?
misty :dogeye:

FoxyMX
07-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Hi Misty,

Thanks for the confidence vote (scary!) but I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Can we make the choices to enhance what we do?" Are you referring to CleanUp451 or in general?

If you are referring to CleanUp451 then there are several options to choose from before running the program and you can even run it in "Demo mode" to see what it will do first. I like it when cleaning up a PC because it seems to be a lot more ruthless than other programs. CCleaner, for example, will only delete temp files older than a couple of days by default (which can be changed, of course).

Have a look at it by all means but you would probably be just as happy with CCleaner for your own PC. :)