PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to use ITUNE?

Ninjabear
06-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Anyone?

I don't own an ipod and i don't like ipods either.I doubt I will use Itune as I don't listen to english music but what about you guys?

Metla
06-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Hell no.

No way I'm going to purchase compressed audio files loaded with DRM which I then have to download.

Madness.

pcuser42
06-12-2006, 05:14 PM
I don't have/want an iPod, mainly because it doesn't support WMA, which I use often. (And it's an Apple product!)

stu161204
06-12-2006, 05:31 PM
I don't own an ipod so I won’t be using it, anyway ipod cost a bit & downloading music from there costs a bit as well.

Terry Porritt
06-12-2006, 05:39 PM
I couldn't find out how to search through the site to see what sort of tunes they have. There was a hint at one stage that I'd have to download some itune software in order to do that, so stuff it :)

Anyway, I don't expect they would have any music from the 1920s.:rolleyes:

Safari
06-12-2006, 06:39 PM
I couldn't find out how to search through the site to see what sort of tunes they have. There was a hint at one stage that I'd have to download some itune software in order to do that, so stuff it :)

It is no big deal to download iTunes Terry.
What would you like from the 1920's - I will do a search for you.
I have been buying the odd track from the Aussie store for some time now, using the music cards available at any local shop in Aussie.
The selection is very extensive and the itunes store works very well as you would expect from am Apple product.

Truman
06-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Albumbase > iTunes

Myth
06-12-2006, 06:51 PM
The only time you'll catch me with an ipod is when Im throwing it out :)

trinsic
06-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Where's the I'm Poor option :(?

+NZ Music isn't that great.

Renmoo
06-12-2006, 08:17 PM
iPod = iPoor

What's wrong with listening to free music online?

Cheers :)

Terry Porritt
06-12-2006, 08:23 PM
It is no big deal to download iTunes Terry.
What would you like from the 1920's - I will do a search for you.
I have been buying the odd track from the Aussie store for some time now, using the music cards available at any local shop in Aussie.
The selection is very extensive and the itunes store works very well as you would expect from am Apple product.

Very noble of you Safari, but I'm not serious about Itunes, I have access to hundreds and hundreds of archived hours of 1920/30 music, and gigabytes of tunes.

When I want CDs, I get them through Amazon, and you do get liner notes with the better CDs, which is important to me.

sativa
06-12-2006, 09:16 PM
id have to agree that nz music isnt that great because da f***en ozzies trie to claim all our good stars nzder's just need to defend themselfs

sativa
06-12-2006, 09:17 PM
but still i would rather use amazon to get cd's and stuff

bob_doe_nz
06-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Or trademe for old CD's for $5

maccrazy
07-12-2006, 08:15 AM
+NZ Music isn't that great.iTunes contains mostly international content. The New Zealand music that is there looks to be the same stuff that is on other stores, such as the Australian one. I've already been using the Australian iTunes Music Store for a while, and it is wonderful. I know some people don't like the idea of DRM, but it really isn't that restrictive. I've never been stopped from doing anything (though admittedly I do have an iPod so I'm not trying to copy my music onto a non-Apple device). I can stream my music to other computers, copy to my iPod, burn to CD etc.

Personally, I'll buy individual songs from iTunes. For albums I will continue to buy them at a local music shop.

Misty
07-12-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm going to be the odd one out !!
I will use iTunes for those odd tracks you can't get anywhere else. My favourites are Cat Stevens; Bob Dylan; Eva Cassidy and Etta James. Whilst I have the important ones of those people I recently got my young cousin to give me two tracks of Metallica. Great stuff !

I will buy tracks which capture my imagination.

Great to hear that iTunes finally here !!!
Misty :cool:

bachelorno1
15-12-2006, 06:47 PM
I have already bought some single tracks, and albums via iTunes. Having broadband, the iTunes software, and an Ipod, makes buying and listening to music a very smooth, and convienent experience.

I would have bought a lot more albums but the NZ iTunes catalogue is strangely limited compared to the Australian one; with less of the back catalogue available for any particular artist, and too many 'partial' albums, that are missing most of the songs. What's going on there? :confused:

For various reasons (availability; sound quality; and having a 'hard' copy, etc)I'll continue buying the occassional CD. Otherwise why would I pay full price (up to $34.95) or something I get whenever I want for about half that?

:2cents:

Misty
15-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Otherwise why would I pay full price (up to $34.95) or something I get whenever I want for about half that?

....or $22-95 at The Warehouse !
Misty :D

noone
16-12-2006, 11:15 AM
I dont have a ipod so no it wont be using it.
Hopefully the arrival of itunes in New Zealand will prompt services like Yahoo and Rhapsody to come here -and maybe even subscription services.

lance4k
17-12-2006, 01:22 PM
u have to email itunes here to request music that isn't in the itunes new zealand store yet:

www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

tell them what albums you want if if the nz store only has partial album then tell them you'd like the full album.

P.S

Make sure you say you requesting this music for the New Zealand itunes store.

I have already bought some single tracks, and albums via iTunes. Having broadband, the iTunes software, and an Ipod, makes buying and listening to music a very smooth, and convienent experience.

I would have bought a lot more albums but the NZ iTunes catalogue is strangely limited compared to the Australian one; with less of the back catalogue available for any particular artist, and too many 'partial' albums, that are missing most of the songs. What's going on there? :confused:

For various reasons (availability; sound quality; and having a 'hard' copy, etc)I'll continue buying the occassional CD. Otherwise why would I pay full price (up to $34.95) or something I get whenever I want for about half that?

winmacguy
17-12-2006, 06:09 PM
I don't have/want an iPod, mainly because it doesn't support WMA, which I use often. (And it's an Apple product!)

It doesn't support DRM'd WMA but iTunes does recode non DRM'd WMA files on the fly. Just out of curiosity what is wrong with Apple products compared to MS software?

winmacguy
17-12-2006, 06:12 PM

Little window on the top right of the iTunes browser that says "Search iTunes Store"

winmacguy
17-12-2006, 06:17 PM
I dont have a ipod so no it wont be using it.
Hopefully the arrival of itunes in New Zealand will prompt services like Yahoo and Rhapsody to come here -and maybe even subscription services.

In case no one has worked out yet, subscription services actually cost more in the long run because if you really like the track your listening to you still have to pay the download fee to download the track and keep it. If the music store in question goes out of business which has happened recently all of your music that you havent bought goes with it. You can always listen to the radio since that is free.;)