PDA

View Full Version : iTunes NZ just launched

Chris Keall
06-12-2006, 09:00 AM
Read the guff here (http://blogs.pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/ck-live/).

pinkygirl
06-12-2006, 09:18 AM
Wooo Hooo! However i have tried to browse the songs but my itunes keeps opening up instead with the american site. (Even when i try to access it through the NZ apple site)
I then went to change the country at the bottom of the us site and wouldn't you know it New Zealand isn't on there.

pinkygirl
06-12-2006, 09:26 AM
o.k NZ has just been added to the list

DRHILL
06-12-2006, 11:05 AM
It's got a small selection of songs, but that will build up over time. I'm hopeing they have TV downloads in the future (as well as movies).
I'm more interested in Apple reducing their prices ($240 for a Ipod Nano 2GB?) and you can buy a RED ONE!

lance4k
06-12-2006, 12:17 PM
i read the official apple forums and a tech said they are rolling out tv downloads throughout 2007. so sometime in 2007 all countries will have tv show downloads

bob_doe_nz
06-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Now if only I had an Ipod, or a credit card...
:xmouth: :p

johcar
06-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Now if only I had an Ipod, or a credit card...
:xmouth: :pOr even the inclination.... :D

lance4k
06-12-2006, 02:54 PM
ok has anyone used xtra go large to download a song from the itunes store? How much kB per/sec do u download at or doesn't it show this?

plod
06-12-2006, 04:29 PM
ok has anyone used xtra go large to download a song from the itunes store? How much kB per/sec do u download at or doesn't it show this?
I don't know about the itunes music store, but when doing software update it's downloading as fast as my connection allows.

yzhu
06-12-2006, 04:50 PM
iirc Apple uses Akamai for content delivery which Xtra and most other ISPs peer with so downloading software updates and purchased content off Apple and ITMS shouldn't be a problem.

Lizard
06-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Just went to create an account, and it only accepts Mastercard or Visa credit cards (I have AmEx...) :( Does anyone know if those "Pressy Cards" that NZ Post sell works for iTunes?

bob_doe_nz
06-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Just went to create an account, and it only accepts Mastercard or Visa credit cards (I have AmEx...) :( Does anyone know if those "Pressy Cards" that NZ Post sell works for iTunes?

It works for Paypal, registering for Trillian and in stores, so why not?
Just get a card with $50 on it and try it.

Lizard
07-12-2006, 06:49 AM
It works for Paypal, registering for Trillian and in stores, so why not?
Just get a card with $50 on it and try it.

The only potential problem I can see is that iTunes in any given country requires a credit card registered in that country. I would assume that Pressy Card is registered in NZ, but I wonder if being a "pretend" credit card, it may not be "registered" for NZ, kind of like a zone free DVD?

lance4k
07-12-2006, 01:48 PM
hey does anyone know which retails stores in NZ u can buy itunes gift cards from? in aussie u can buy them at heaps of retails stores like kmart etc.u don't need a credit card if u buy the gift certificates.

zahmad
07-12-2006, 07:51 PM
I just hate how the 'iPod' has become the market norm...and people just splash their money just because its an 'iPod'. The iTunes store is pretty crap....I prefer New Zealand run such sites!

Safari
07-12-2006, 08:42 PM
I just hate how the 'iPod' has become the market norm...and people just splash their money just because its an 'iPod'. The iTunes store is pretty crap....I prefer New Zealand run such sites!

Get over it, that is just the way it is.

The iPod has 80% of the market for MP3 players and 80% of all legal music downloads are done from the iTunes store.

maccrazy
07-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Why's that zahmad? True, some people just buy iPods because they are iPods and everyone else has one. However, it is difficult to find anything better. Most alternatives are poorly designed by comparison and don't offer the same integrated experience that iPod + iTunes does. As for the iTunes Music Store, once again, it is fully integrated into your music application, which makes much more sense than accessing it via a web browser. It is also the only store that offers music that is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X (not to mention iPods, though this probably isn't a key point for you ;)). In all fairness, I'm sure the other alternatives are good for people that don't have iPods or don't want the integration that solutions like iTunes provides. However, to call it "pretty crap" isn't really fair unless there you have some points that illustrate this. :)

Misty
07-12-2006, 09:10 PM
:xmouth:
Misty

Lizard
08-12-2006, 08:41 AM
I bought my ipod back in 2004, and I looked at all the other MP3 players on the market. Without exception, they were clunky, awkward, and poor imitators of the iPod. From the first time I picked one up, its controls were simple, intuitive, and responsive. No contest. Recently, a friend came back from Oz, and brought with him his iRiver. I spent a couple of hours with it, and still couldn't get it to do what I wanted regularly. Conversely, my friend was spinning through the iPod like a pro...

Some new players may have improved things, but that wont change things for the millions (billions?) of happy iPod owners.