PDA

View Full Version : safe Christmas ecards

Apteryx
06-12-2006, 01:42 AM
back in the gdol days I used to send these regularly but gave up once they were tagged with spam/scams and worse

Anyone know any safe/secure sites for these?
Thanks

Greg
06-12-2006, 01:54 AM
No idea, but it's real easy to make up one of your own. That way the recipient doesn't get bombarded with adverts, and they don't suffer the potential of their address being flogged off to a scam/spam database.

E-cards from online sites are a scourge.

Need help to make your own - just ask.

sjaxso
08-12-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm just gonna throw in a 'watch out' on this one.

I'm fairly web savvy but looked for an ecard site today for the first time in years.

The pop ups and fake 'click here' 'your computer is not secure' crap was happening on the first five sites I tried. I gave up. Dreadful.
I'm using firefox and pop-up blockers and I still had to use the alt-F4 routine to escape the spyware installers.

I imagine that people get infected with malware at these sites all the time, and it makes me sad. It's people trying to send a smile to someone and they get an infected PC for their trouble. As Greg said: They're a scourge.

Greg
08-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Watch this space... this thread made me think of setting something up myself. I've got a script on my server that allows me to make an e-card facility. I'm gonna base it on a nice bunch of New Zealand images I have. Probably won't get around to it until the new year as it takes a bit of learning. But when done it'll be safe and ad free.

Misty
08-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Have not used any for quite a while but still have this bookmarked. Always seemed to be fine on the occasions that we used the site

http://www.e-cards.com/
Misty :2cents: