PDA

View Full Version : My internet connection keeps stopping

CF6
05-12-2006, 09:32 PM
I have recently tried the scientific approach and timed the events.
I'm running XP home version, ADSL broadband router and Mozilla firefox browser.
The situation has been the same for ages (and it doesnt seem to matter what time of day it is), when i'm connected and browsing a web page and I dont click a link or view a new page within 80 seconds the connection is stopped. It then takes a further 28 seconds to re connect. The broadband plan i have is an Orcon bitsense 2Gig, where they dont stop your speed you just pay alittle more for going over the 2G of data.
It makes surfing or filling in online forms almost impossible. Speed when browsing within the 80 sec is great, just a painful experience outside that parameter.

I need help please:angry ???????

stu161204
05-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Welcome to PressF1 CF6 :)

Have you contacted Orcon about this & see what they say?

Have you tried a different broadband router?

What sort of broadband router do you have?

netchicken
05-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Just been there :)

it was my modem cable (they think) a techie came and replaced some connections and it seemd to work better.

It was worse in the morning, the reason being the cable was cold(!!) as the sun warmed the junction box on the north wall it started working better, the poor connections worked better in the warm.

If you have a motorola surfboard then just click this

http://192.168.100.1/

go to the config window and reboot it with the button there.

Complain loud and long, Telstra clear, were really good about sending a guy out, so hopefully Orcon will be as well.

sativa
06-12-2006, 09:19 PM
well you could of saved your money and done it yourself just look aroung a bit more next time

CF6
06-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Welcome to PressF1 CF6 :)

Have you contacted Orcon about this & see what they say?

Have you tried a different broadband router?

What sort of broadband router do you have?

The router is a dynalink RTA230, connected via USB cable to the PC.
It sits on the tower and is pretty warm all the time. ( don't know about a cold cable?????)

bob_doe_nz
06-12-2006, 10:03 PM
You know, I have a Dynalink RTA220 and have been getting rather annoying problems like that.
Only it just happens at random times and unless I power off the router it sticks.

Well time to look for a decent brand then...