PDA

View Full Version : Rapidshare/Sendspace Speed

Clod
04-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Yes I've read earlier threads but does anyone know whats happening? Iwas on a huge 150kbs on the very odd occasion normally about 30-40kbs now I'm down to 8-10. So is telecom going to fix it or have we like others have said been ripped off ? Anyone know ? My old dialup was always about 38.

bonkiebonks
05-12-2006, 07:49 AM
I'm getting pretty good speeds on my Premium Rapidshare, ~750kB/s. I'm on Go Large. Are you using the free Rapidshare? That could be a problem as you can't make simultaneous connections.. I usually make 5 simultaneous connections to download a file, and I download 6 files concurrently.

autechre
05-12-2006, 10:05 AM
I have a premium account and my speeds used to be ~300KB/sec with a couple of files coming down on a 3.5Mb connection. In the last few months it's dropped to about 60-100KB/sec with 3 files downloading.

I suspect there's some traffic shaping going on. Megaupload and a few others are much slower too.

steveroby
07-12-2006, 12:21 PM
I suspect there's some traffic shaping going on. Megaupload and a few others are much slower too.

I can confirm that. After switching to Xtra "go large", my download speeds are up to 10 times slower (I previously ALLWAYS had good speeds with rapidshare free). The speeds are so slow that the (Firefox) estimated download remaining time is allways way off. Yesterday it took 3 hours to download 50M(I gave up). I even tried at 1am so I would be out of the "peak" times. Same speed.
Its a bit faster today, but after 45minutes , Ive still only downloaded 60M.
Opening multiple web pages is fast, I still have max speed for browsing.

Problem is , if you ring up & complain, you'll get the usual answer "It must be your PC/modem/lines"

Clod
07-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Downloading a Rapidshare file now at 14 kbs. Did one at 4 in the morning and got a whopping 30 kbs !!!!! Its a rip off alright.