PDA

View Full Version : How to create a Personlise X'mas card ?

chinadoll
03-12-2006, 11:53 PM
Hi,
I would like to personalise a X'mas card with a photo on it, but I don,t know how and what sort of programme I should use to create them? Can any one help?
Thank you.
Chinadoll

R2x1
04-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Do you have a scanner and a graphics program (like paintshop, or photoshop)?

ooh yeh
04-12-2006, 07:23 AM
Hi Chinadoll
If you have MS Word you can set up the text and add a picture.
Format the picture
Set up both the text and picture in the correct place on the page
(this may take a couple of attempts to get it right).
Then print it onto the card with your printer.
:thumbs:

Morgenmuffel
04-12-2006, 07:35 AM
If you have MS office they do have templates for Greeting cards on their site

I'm not 100% sure if you can edit the images on the templates

look here (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101433581033.aspx)

Cheers

Greg
04-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Hi,
I would like to personalise a X'mas card with a photo on it, but I don,t know how and what sort of programme I should use to create them? Can any one help?
How is the card going to be outputted, ie is it going to be digital or will you be printing it?

pctek
04-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Or you can just upload your photo to one of the online photo printing places and select Cards.
Plenty of them offer that sort of thing now - along with calendars, tshirts, mugs etc.

heaton
04-12-2006, 11:10 AM
I have a programme called American Greetings by a company called Broderbund. I bought it at a shop yonks ago for about $19.99. If you do a google search maybe you can download it off the internet. It has thousands of cards and you can alter the text to suit and uploading photo's and resizing them to suit is simple.

Morgenmuffel
04-12-2006, 11:15 AM
I have a programme called American Greetings by a company called Broderbund. I bought it at a shop yonks ago for about $19.99. If you do a google search maybe you can download it off the internet. It has thousands of cards and you can alter the text to suit and uploading photo's and resizing them to suit is simple.

Actually the broderbund greeting card maker cd is often at the supermarket or Dick smiths in the $10 software stand, And it has also been included on the cover DVD of some PC Magazines (thats how I got my copy)

chinadoll
04-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi guys,
Thanks for response. I have never done that before so I hope you guys don,t mind me asking silly questions!
What I want to create a X,mas card input with family photo and also with season greeting on it and than print out to send to friends.

R2x1----I have a scanner and photoshop programme,is it easy to do with this programme?

Nigel & Ooh Yah-----I will try to work on Ms office programme!

Greg---- The card is going to print it out just like a X,mas card but with family photo on it.

Pctek---- Where can I find an online photo place, can I have the links?

Heaton & Nigel------Is this Broderbund greeting card maker are easy to use?

Thank you very much for your help!!!!!!!!
Chinadoll

Morgenmuffel
04-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Not sure how easy the broderbund software is to use, i gave it to the kids and they seemed to figure it out fast enough

heaton
04-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Heaton & Nigel------Is this Broderbund greeting card maker are easy to use?

Thank you very much for your help!!!!!!!!
Chinadoll[/QUOTE]

Very simple to use. I highly recommend.

Sweep
04-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Nigel & Ooh Yah-----I will try to work on Ms office programme!
Chinadoll

If you have Office it may have come with MS Publisher. Great for doing cards and has many templates.

R2x1
05-12-2006, 12:19 AM
One way to do this is to unfold and scan an existing card, then in Photoshop just replace the pictures in each section of the card with your own pictures and message. This makes the layout easy to figure out as the original gives you the size and orientation for your sections. ;) Photoshop is lots of fun.