PDA

View Full Version : Force Multiple Speakers

Jams
02-12-2006, 03:49 AM
Hey Guys.

Just got a new 5.1 Logitech Speaker system and am very pleased with it. but im having a little trouble.

I have plugged it up, put the right plugs in the right holes and everything, i know this becuase ive tested it with movies, and i get amazing 5.1 sound. Now i understand that im not going to get 5.1 with MP3s, seeing as MP3s are only ever encoded with 2CH sound. What im wanting to know is, how do i force the sound out of all the speakers, and if possible, have the bass commin from the sub and not the vocals/instrumentals aswell.

I did some lookin around and apparently Windows Media Player runs surround/5.1 sound nativly, but no hope. Ive un muted everything and have told media player to use my Sound Chip for rendering. I have set up the Speaker configuration correctly in the sound options of my sound driver and have setup my speakers as 5.1 in the windows sound settings also.

my Sound Chip is a 5.1 Realtek HD Audio. i have the latest drivers.

is there anything can be done, or do i have to stick with only having 2 Speakers working on my 5.1 set ?

Cheers

SurferJoe46
02-12-2006, 05:34 AM
Same speakers here...no problems with 5.1 or surround sound, but I am using a C-Media card....all the settings and effects you can't find are on mine....

I actually have settings for SPDIFout, 2.1, 4.1, 5.1 & 7.1

I would honestly imagine that you have the same available to you on yours too....

Just try to use the orange center tap for the subwoofie though. (It's on my "s" bracket, but orange is usually the subwoofie on most systems wherever it is)

Jams
02-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Same speakers here...no problems with 5.1 or surround sound, but I am using a C-Media card....all the settings and effects you can't find are on mine....

I actually have settings for SPDIFout, 2.1, 4.1, 5.1 & 7.1

I would honestly imagine that you have the same available to you on yours too....

Just try to use the orange center tap for the subwoofie though. (It's on my "s" bracket, but orange is usually the subwoofie on most systems wherever it is)

finally got it to work. i had to set the 2 front speakers and 2 rear speakers as duplicate Left and rights, instead of Front Left, Front Right, Rear Left Rear Right.

it seems to set itself correctly when playing games and watching movies.

SurferJoe46
02-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks for saying it is running...not hearing resolutions leaves us all wondering...and we learn by these reports too..ty

Jams
02-12-2006, 06:57 PM
nope. it would seem that the centre speaker still doe snot work. whichis funny, because in the sound setup, the Centre speaker and the subwoofer run off the same channel. and yet the subwoofer goes perfectly.

is anyone using the new Realtek HD Audio Chip with a 5.1 Setup ?

Oh and cheers Joe for helpin out :)