PDA

View Full Version : Jumbled file names while playing in dvd player :(

bendetto
30-11-2006, 10:17 AM
I recently burnt some AVIs onto a dvd player (that is desinged to play them which is does perfectly), but the files names of the files are really messed up like 1AFDVF342V53F3F and so on, is there a way to correct this? The actual file names of the files are normal when my computer reads them but not the player :(

bendetto
30-11-2006, 12:30 PM
bump.. help pls need this done tomorrow, are you telling me that nobody knows how to do this? :( ahhhh

bendetto
30-11-2006, 03:37 PM
if its not possible at least tell me that much :groan:

Speedy Gonzales
30-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Well, I've never had this prob, so cant tell u how to fix it.

What program are u using to burn the files to DVD?

They dont normally work in a standalone DVD if u just copy these files to a DVD.

bendetto
30-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Hey Speedy you always give me good answers :)

alright that was a stupid typo i made, what i meant was that i burnt the files onto a dvd to be played on a DivX DVD Player, i dont see how it plays them perfectly but cant get the names properly, i used nero and made a data dvd

Speedy Gonzales
30-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Ummm, if u want any dvd or dvd program to read it, I dont think you should selecting the data disk option in Nero.

Because it would format the dvd differently from what a DVD player can read it. Or how a program would play it.

And it shouldnt be a data disk. It should be a video cd or a dvd, ( If u want it to play in a standalone DVD player as well).

And you should be using Nerovision, which is part of Nero, which is used for making video cd's / DVD's. Only prob with Nerovision is, it needs plugins or serials for some of these DVD / video cd options to become active. Which arent free.

What was the original name of the AVI file??

bendetto
30-11-2006, 04:50 PM
The origonal name of the file is HunterxHunter episode 5, the dvd player actualy plays the files perfectly, thats not the problem, its the fact that the file names are messed up and i dont particularly want to be guessing what episode im about to watch

Speedy Gonzales
30-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Umm, I'm pretty sure normally whatever name u give a file, it cant be longer than eight characters. If u copy it to cd or dvd.

Change that filename to something like HHE5.avi or something.

Then see what happens.

bendetto
30-11-2006, 05:11 PM
alright thanks alot thats probably it :D