PDA

View Full Version : BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

gum digger
25-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi
Last night i kept something for video encoding(avi to rmvb). after 2-3 hrs it started beeeeping. i have no idea why this happned. according to award bios beep list it said it was due to loose connections and bad memory.
so nxt morning i looked for loose connections and didnt find any. since i have dual channels 512 in each channel, i took a stick out from chanB and started the pc, the beep was stilll there. then took out chanA and left B in and the beep was gone. so i thought the ram stick in chanA was faulty. but when i put ram inside chanA and chanB still there were no beeps. i couldnt figure out the problem here.
My ram sticks are high quality. GIEL

Other thing is,can i monitor errors when iam not arround. like in this situtation i would like to know what actually caused it to restart or wtever.

pctek
25-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Beeps are usually badly seated RAM rather than faulty RAM, so you swapping them in and out will have reseated them.

gum digger
26-11-2006, 01:37 AM
Beeps are usually badly seated RAM rather than faulty RAM, so you swapping them in and out will have reseated them.

Ok. but how can this happen at the middle of the night. i mean i didnt touch anything inside during the day?

snoopy
26-11-2006, 06:16 AM
Ok. but how can this happen at the middle of the night. i mean i didnt touch anything inside during the day?

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/C/chip_creep.html

mikebartnz
26-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Sometimes the MB can beep if one of the temperatures is overheating.

gum digger
26-11-2006, 12:06 PM
chip creep & temp may b the cause. But i hate it when problems appear without doing anything. lol...

heni72847
28-11-2006, 10:50 PM
video encoding would be constant 100% CPU usage..
that might've done something..