PDA

View Full Version : Xtra versus Ihug

taxboy4
25-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Am I going silly

the go large plan on xtra gives me unlimited traffic at full speed, upload is strangled all for $50 (and have to use use telecom phone lines...)

whereas ihug's bext plan gives me 20GB per month and good upload but pay for excess traffic???

Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't swop back? Telecom always had the worst plans but now...??

CYaBro
25-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Well it's up to you really.
Do a search here on PressF1 and you will see complaints about the Xtra Go Large plan speeds and also complaints about iHugs service.

Greven
25-11-2006, 11:51 AM
And depending on where you live, you might get crap internet no matter who you are with.

I'm with Xnet, and my internet has been reasonable (close to 2 megabit, average about 100 ping to NZ servers) but ever since everyone released max plans, my ping has been jumping all over the place. I think my local exchange is overloaded.

I can't play online FPS games anymore, and even Guild Wars jumps around a bit.

stu161204
25-11-2006, 01:46 PM
the go large plan on xtra gives me unlimited traffic at full speed, upload is strangled all for $50 (and have to use use telecom phone lines...)

whereas ihug's bext plan gives me 20GB per month and good upload but pay for excess traffic???

Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't swop back? Telecom always had the worst plans but now...??

I would stay away from both Xtra & ihug as Xtra has Go large problems (which could apply to all ISPís, but I am unsure) & ihug are just having a bad run of bad luck at the moment with thingÖ.

Maybe have a look at Xnet (There are quite a number of PressF1 users with them) or maybe even orcon.

trinsic
25-11-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm just waiting for Vodafone to strike. They are bringing homelines soon that will run off their upgraded mobile network and not through Telecom and they plan to beat the prices as well.

But Telecom giving unlimited was the biggest mistake they ever did. I don't think they listened to the consumer. While a lot did ask for more bandwidth we didn't mean to give us unlimited which in its own is only 21GB/Month anyway. They then gave us FS which was another mistake without properly upgrading any of their network.

Big John
25-11-2006, 06:41 PM
IHugs excess usage rate is only $2 per GB so is not too bad.
I am peeved that it has gone fom 80GB per month counting download data only to 20GB counting both up and down.