PDA

View Full Version : Just Went Off and Never Came Back ? HELP PLEASE !!!!

John0006123
24-11-2006, 12:52 AM
I plugged in my mp3 player into the back usb slot and then my computer started to load it up and then the wire fell out of the mp3 player and the computer said that it had to cancel it as it had been removed so when i was just about to plug the wire back in the computer shut down.Now when i start the computer up the monitor just doesnt go on like it just stays on the orange light so i tried a different monitor and the same happened so its not the monitor.So then i fiddled about with the monitor cable at the back and it still woudnt go on.So now when switch the computer on i see nothing the monitor doesnt make any noise at all (like the little light doesnt even change colour and the computer tower just stays on like normal.I have even changed the graphics card to see if thta was it but that had no effect so any ideas what it could be as if i cant get the info off here gonna have to take it to the computer shop and get a heafty bill so any info ?

jesse_jax
24-11-2006, 04:59 AM
lol if the screen lihgt stays orange when you turn it on it means the computer isnt booting up full stop.

i get this now and then, like when my room is too hot and my comp overheats and restarts but doesnt boot, maybe your computer crashed because of this? turn it off at the back, leave it for 15 mins, take the side off, and start it, see if that works.

or maybe a fan stopped working? make sure there all spinning ;)

John0006123
24-11-2006, 06:50 AM
Hi just tried this but it stil doesnt work i left it for 15 mins then switched it on but monitor never booted up still and then i opened it and all the fans are still spinning so anybody else know whats wrong.Really want to get this fixed out as its got all my stuff on it and dont want to lose it please help.

trig42
24-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Do you know how to reset the BIOS?

Give that a go if you do, there will be a jumper on your motherboard with CLEAR_CMOS or something similar (3 pins with a jumper across two of them - you just move the jumper to the other two, hit the power, turn it back off then move the jumper back), or take the bettery out and leave it for half an hour.

Erayd
24-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Have you tried the PC with another monotor / the monitor with another PC? When you switch the PC on, does the HDD LED go nuts (as it usually does when booting)? Do you get any error beeps?

SolMiester
24-11-2006, 12:23 PM
OP, do you still have the MP3 device plugged in while trying to boot the PC, I have come accross this before, when the PC refuses to boot when a device is plugged into a certain USB port!

AMD
24-11-2006, 12:31 PM
my guess s u using a INTEL.. ok its a joke.. resetting the motherbroad will do.. to do it the easy way.. unplug the power.. take the MB battary out, put it in after 30 sec or so u r done

John0006123
24-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Hi can someone give me a detailed how to reset the cmos/bios as i tried it and i dont know if i donne it right because its still broken.I found the little 3 pins and took the little square thing that was on each of them off and waited for 30 secs and put them back on and switched the pc on and the monitor still never worked and i have also tried a different monitor still no luck.

John0006123
24-11-2006, 11:51 PM
I just followed the instructions again as what i had done was take them out and put them back into the same pins but this time i took them out and put them into the other 2 pins but that just made the computer not switch on at all it didnt even go on at all not even the tower soo i move them both back and tried it and it went on so whats wrong with what im doing.Am i just meant to be taking out the bios one or just the cmos one not both at the same time.

John0006123
25-11-2006, 12:55 AM
I have tried moving the little silver coin motherboard battery but still no luck removed it when the pc was fully disconnected the i put it back in after 30 mins but still not working what shoul i do.

Laura
25-11-2006, 02:52 AM
I'm guessing by the timing of all of your posts that you may be in the northern hemisphere, John?

This forum is based in New Zealand.
It's now 3.45a.m. Saturday here, so unless another international member visits, you're unlikely to get any reply for a few hours.
I'm sorry I haven't enough knowledge to help you with this myself.
But welcome to Press F1.