PDA

View Full Version : some fetal error!!1

Rajan
22-11-2006, 02:30 AM
hi
I have increased the hard disk of my system from 20 to 100 gb. and RAM from 128 to 256 mb.
Initially it give some problem like hanged automatically after some time. But after installing window again it was working fine. Now after some month it started to hang again and latter it starts to show some blue screen and some hex signal written on it. I try to install window again but unable to do it, as during installation it again either hanged or reboot or shows the blue screen.
I think it must be some hardware problem. But I am sure my hard disk and RAM are good as they are working fine on other computer. so problem may be only in processor or Motherboard.

so my questions are
Is my problem harware or software and how it can be resolved??
How can I check my motherboard and RAM???
and on mother borad i have a jumper (VT82C686B).. How should it be configured? I mean in what position?

My mother board is A7VL-VM
processor AMD Duron

Vince
22-11-2006, 03:06 AM
What operating are you using?

256MB is not realy enough ram if you are using XP.

Have you looked in 'Device Manager' for hardware problems?

If you are using Windows 98, or ME then the 100GB hard disc may be more than the OS can handle.

SurferJoe46
22-11-2006, 06:38 AM
As to the fetal (sic) error: I suggest that you run Belarc Adviser (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.belarc.com%2Ffree_download.ht ml&ei=3zdjRf7qOYzegwP9v_3dBw&usg=__Hs6RaJm3N1SHWroGz6KvNeSCcbA=&sig2=nTbi-I2dewj-YR4K93ZukA) and get a snapshot of your system before you get it all mucked up.

It's free and the print out should be filed as security against destroying your licenses and key numbers.

If everybody would do this at least once before they screw up their system, a lot of grief would be sidestepped.

pctek
22-11-2006, 07:02 AM
hi
I have increased the hard disk of my system from 20 to 100 gb. and RAM from 128 to 256 mb.
Initially it give some problem like hanged automatically after some time. But after installing window again it was working fine. Now after some month it started to hang again and latter it starts to show some blue screen and some hex signal written on it.

Tell us exactly what the error message is when you get the blue screen.
There will be a number like:
STOP 0x000xxxxxx
And some text.
That will give us a better idea if it is hardware or software and specifically what.