PDA

View Full Version : NAT Type problem?

BGOATNicholas
21-11-2006, 05:31 AM
Hey im new here and I was hoping someone might be able to help.

I just got a PS3 and my internet works on it. I can get on the web browser and all. But when I try to login onto the Playstation Store or go online on a game it says Connection to Playstation Network Timed Out. I tried connecting to the PS3 with my Ethernet cord and I connected wirelessly to it but that didnt help. I have a Linksys router WRT54GS v5 Firmware Version: v1.50.9. I got in contact with a live chat person on the Linksys website but they werent able to help me.

This I think is the problem. When I test my internet connection on my PS3 it says NAT Type: Failed. If anyone knows how to fix the problem with the NAT Type please help.

So my problem is when I test my internet connection on my PS3 every that it tests works until it gets to NAT Type. When it gets to NAT Type it says NAT Type: Failed.

Greg
21-11-2006, 05:34 AM
Can't help with the problem sorry, but where you located... not New Zealand I assume? I didn't know that PS3's were available here yet.

BGOATNicholas
21-11-2006, 05:42 AM
Heh sorry just noticed this was a New Zealand PC forum. I live in the US, California to be exact. Ive just been trying to find a solution to this problem which nobody has been able to solve.

SurferJoe46
21-11-2006, 05:46 AM
Can't help with the problem sorry, but where you located... not New Zealand I assume? I didn't know that PS3's were available here yet.

Maybe not in NZ...but they are to DIE for here in the US.

TORONTO (CP) - From reports of homeless people being paid to camp outside big box stores, to verbal sparring in lineups that formed for days, it seems Canadian gamers were not above resorting to desperate measures to get their hands on Sony's coveted PlayStation 3 consoles that went on sale Friday.

The events were minor, though, compared to the chaos that ensued in the U.S. where near stampedes occurred at some stores selling the game system and a man was shot while waiting in line to buy the hot item in northeast Connecticut.

"Luckily we weren't that bad," said RCMP Const. Scott Hagarty in Grande Prairie, Alta., where officers were called to a west-end business at 3:35 a.m. to break up a spat between consumers eager to get their hands on the PS3.

"Apparently someone tried to butt in line and there were some words exchanged and our members attended and resolved the issue at the scene and that was it. No one (was arrested)."

There were only 14 people in line at the store, said Hagarty, but they had to endure temperatures of minus 15 Celsius. "Diehard fans," he said.

Gamers braving the chill outside a west-end Edmonton Wal-Mart on Thursday got a break when the store held a lottery that saw 10 people getting tickets guaranteeing them a PS3. The idea was to ensure that customers weren't wasting their time in line for units that weren't available.

In Toronto, people who'd already been guaranteed a console outside a north-end Best Buy store bickered with each other, seemingly worried that someone would cheat them out of their opportunity.

At that same location, a group of men were trying to sell six PS3s in the parking lot for $2,000 each. They had purchased the units from a nearby Wal-Mart earlier in the day and rushed over to the Best Buy to make a profit.

There were also local radio reports of people trolling homeless shelters to find individuals willing to stand in line for them at a downtown Best Buy, which was selling the 20-gigabyte PS3 for $549.99, and the 60-gigabyte PS3 for $659.99.

"It's kind of hard to give up that much money, but you know I think it'll be worth it," said one avid gamer who camped outside the store for three days in the rain to get it.

ughnz
21-11-2006, 07:40 PM
I would guess it is trying to figure out how to open ports for incoming connections. Do you have UPNP enabled on the Linksys?