PDA

View Full Version : new dvd writer problem loading pics

petemit
20-11-2006, 10:38 PM
hi ive just purchased a liteon 16x dvd+-r/+-rw reader writer though trade me its brand new
it came with nero software which i uploaded but i couldnt write pics so deleted off my system
if i load a dvd -r disk it auto loads and asks me what software i want to use to to write to it if i use windows when i try and drag and drop either a folder or a single picture it comes up with a box sayingwindows encountered a problem when trying to copy this folder or picture what do you want windows to do retry skip or cancel but doesnt say what the problem is
any ideas
there were no drivers with the writer it plays music oka off a cd do i need to find a driver online for it and download it ?

thanks in advance for your help
peter
comp is intel 4cpu 2 ghz 512 meg ram nvidia geforce 4mx 440 80 gig hd

pctek
21-11-2006, 07:02 AM
Put Nero back on. Just load the suite - not InCD.

When you want to write somethng, make sure you choose either DVD or CD in the drop down box first - depending whether you are going to write to a DVD or CD.

Then come back and tell us what exactly happens with your pictures if it doesn't work again.

petemit
22-11-2006, 10:59 PM
thanks for that have reloaded nero and figured how to load pics just need to figure how to get it to play music videos now
peter