PDA

View Full Version : prob with ... ???

mrdja
20-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Hi, a have 2 problems no one can seem to fix. The first - every time I run a openGL app. after couple of minutes red vertical lines appear and pc blocks. I've tried 4 different video cards, 5 sets of video drivers and installed 3 different Windows'. Could this problem be caused due to bad motherboard (MSI KT4) or some hardware other than video card? The second (maybe connected to first) - i can't resolve hardware conflicts - ex. motherboard and keyboard have a conflict, keyboard and video card too etc.
Thank you!

xmanz
20-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Hi thereive just redone motherbd and changed all that hardware when i booted up i got white dots on the post screen then red lines about 4 across then it would hang...after elimination it seem the vid card may have a crack in a solder part as lifter the card edge up a little bit stopped the problem then pushing it back down redid the problem so id settle for the gfx card being a little worn on the pins or a solder issue i think if your keen take it elctronic place i think they spray it with some stuff and it shows any bad solder bits...hope this helps

mrdja
21-11-2006, 07:26 AM
already checked connection, and cleaned contacts. i think it has something to do with resource conflicts. for example:
Microsoft Standard 101-102 keyboard
Conflicting devices list:
Input/Output Range 0060 - 0060 used by:
Motherboard resources
Input/Output Range 0064 - 0064 used by:
Motherboard resources

I can't seem to change this, options in device manager are shaded and locked. There are also conflict for other devices.

mrdja
21-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Oh, here's a pic i took with my cell phone, red vertical lines...

The_End_Of_Reality
21-11-2006, 07:41 AM
If I were you I would put that picture up on a different image host, one that does not have adult themes on the page as this is a family forum (for kids as well) and it is also against the rules, upload it here (www.imagef1.net.nz)

mrdja
21-11-2006, 07:47 AM
I'm really sorry, didn't see that... ty
http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Image(017).jpg