PDA

View Full Version : stupid error

altrounson
18-11-2006, 01:53 PM
i have this old computer that has this ps/2 keyboard and one day it stopped working
this is wat happend

i would tern on the computer and it would say
"keyboard error no keyboard found"

it would then say
"press F1 to boot up or DEL to enter setup"

i have never seen any computer tell me it cant find a keybord then tell me to press F1 to contiue

motorbyclist
18-11-2006, 02:10 PM
lol although it sounds stupid, it does make sense and it is standard... put a new keyboard in and then try, if still no luck, i'd look long and hard at the motherboard as the plug might be broken (being an older machine)

if you dont have a new keyboard just put that k/b in another machine and hope you get the same error

pctek
18-11-2006, 03:10 PM
i have never seen any computer tell me it cant find a keybord then tell me to press F1 to contiue

Really? They've been giving that helpful message since the year dot.

Graham L
18-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Just think "F1" at it. Haven't you heard of psychokinesis? (That doesn't work, but plugging in a working keyboard and pressing the F1 key does. :D)

motorbyclist
18-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Just think "F1" at it. Haven't you heard of psychokinesis? (That doesn't work, but plugging in a working keyboard and pressing the F1 key does. :D)

lol, whenever i think "don't crash" at my pc it works, just whatever interference i've created causes a crash :D