PDA

View Full Version : Comment on this.

i-gordon
17-11-2006, 06:00 PM
I have been using a freeware program for about 3 weeks now called Advanced Windows Care V2 and I am amazed that a program this good could be free.:rolleyes: There has to be a catch. Anyone care to comment?

Download here http://www.iobit.com/

Burnzee
17-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi i-gordon

I have been using this program ever since it first version. Never had any problems and it certainly has helped to keep things running sweet.

Not too sure what you mean as a catch but the freeware version doesn't give you all the functions the program is capable of. You will have to pay for these should you require them. Therefore freeware version is a good way of advertising the paid version. Iobit are not the only ones doing this, lots of freeware programs do likewise.

Advanced Windows Care V2 is still an excellent program to have on your computer as you are finding.:thumbs:

BURNZEE

i-gordon
17-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks for that Burnzee
The catch I sort of meant was the one that lots of freeware programs have where they appear to be doing a lot of work but in actual fact are more show than substance. I dont think that this is the case with this program, however other people with more geek know how may think otherwise.
The paid version has schedule operation, automatic update & background running. Not a lot to miss out on when you can have AVG Antispyware (also free) running in the background.
Ian