PDA

View Full Version : Woosh Quickfire Plans

Sherman
13-11-2006, 05:37 PM
We have been thinking of getting broadband the last few weeks and so I have been looking at different plans offered by different ISP's.

I have just noticed Woosh's Quickfire Orbit Flat Rate plan.
it seems to be the same as telecom's go large plan, compete with the same 700MB limit during peak hours for the same price.

My question is, does anyone know whether this plan also suffers from the same pooooor excuse of speeds that is the go large plan?

Thanks

heni72847
14-11-2006, 12:21 AM
on 1 nov i got upgraded to that plan from my old quicksilver plan
that's what they told me anyway

at first..i wasn't sure if the upgrade took place
then internet was very unstable..fast national..slow international
but now both seem to work fine
i dont actually get fast speed..still 3.5mbish
but right now it's working fine
or just as good as before which is pretty good considering what happen to the xtra people

router shows:
3872 Kbps downstream
160 Kbps upstream

i had some trouble achieving that 3871kbps
prob due to my distance to exchange..i duno
but manage to get that speed after a powercut..
so..ha..yea..maybe other people didn't rush to turn their comp bk on :D
havn't turned restarted router since then..so yea

imho..i think after a little while..all this slow broadband crap will sort itself out/telecom figur out how to get it to work
so...seems a good plan to me..

bob_doe_nz
14-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Do not forget to read... http://www.woosh.com/ContentClient/Promo/Promo_DSL.aspx

Sign up to any Quickfire Broadband plan on a 12 month contract before 31st December, and...

Sherman
14-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Do not forget to read... http://www.woosh.com/ContentClient/Promo/Promo_DSL.aspx

Quote:
Sign up to any Quickfire Broadband plan on a 12 month contract before 31st December, and...

Don't worry, I saw it and read it. I always look for that kind of info when looking at ISP's.
The problem is that most ISP's require a 12 mnth contract, which is actually really annoying. (with the likes of xnet being the exception of course).

Thanks for the replies so far.

mmmork
14-11-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm on the same plan.

Yes, it has the same probs as go large. Can't really be any other way i guess since they all go thru' telecom.

Before 'unleashing' I averaged about 3400d/l and 126u/l on the www.nzdsl.co.nz speedtest.

After it's 3800kbps d/l 126u/l

Or about 2000kbps as I'm writing this at 9.52pm :P

The fair use plan doesn't seem particularly onerous.

maybe when 'real' competition comes in & more alternative technologies emerge you might have a real choice. As of now I'm not sure there's much between any plan.

How fast your speeds are seems to depend on where you live rather than ISP.