PDA

View Full Version : Vista RC 1

Hitech
12-11-2006, 12:34 AM
I have installed vista rc 1 on top of my current operating system does any one know how i can return back to xp pro can i unistall vista if i need to if so then how do i do it please.

Fishb8
12-11-2006, 12:42 AM
I think you'll have to re-install XP. My install was on another partition but I had such a job trying to get my ADSL modem connected. It worked for a while via the USB but when I rebooted back to XP then to Vista, I just couldn't get connected.
I removed the dual boot and reformatted the partition. I'll just wait until I buy a new machine before play with Vista.

altrounson
12-11-2006, 09:32 PM
na mate i have the same prob i instilled vista RC2 on a dif partision and then i had a windows clansing problems as i had instilled stuff to the other partison so i reformatted D and now wat was D is now C and wat was C is now D so i cant dule boot vista and xp so i will have a play later and i cant reformatt the xp partision as it has information that cant be lost and progams i cnat get back

Poppa John
12-11-2006, 10:15 PM
na mate i have the same prob i instilled vista RC2 on a dif partision and then i had a windows clansing problems as i had instilled stuff to the other partison so i reformatted D and now wat was D is now C and wat was C is now D so i cant dule boot vista and xp so i will have a play later and i cant reformatt the xp partision as it has information that cant be lost and progams i cnat get back

This is very bad mannered of me I know. But are you sober??? PJ

linw
12-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Wonder if it is the new NCEA txting language??

JJJJJ
13-11-2006, 05:36 AM
I have installed vista rc 1 on top of my current operating system does any one know how i can return back to xp pro can i unistall vista if i need to if so then how do i do it please.

Well I couldn't. I couldn't even get a satisfactory install on top of xp. It worked but not very well.
I finished up by doing a format of C: and then installing XP. After playing with Vista for a week or so I did another quick format and re-installed XP.

And Vista:badpc: won't be going back on.

The_End_Of_Reality
13-11-2006, 07:14 AM
Well so far I have had no problems dual booting with Vista, RC1 or RC2 for that matter. Apart from a few BSODs to start with IDing drivers Vista has been good to me :D

Hitech
13-11-2006, 08:12 AM
Since i installed vista rc1 last week ive had no trouble with it at all, i installed it on top of xp pro and all works well, as for memory no trouble their either i have only 512MB of ram and no sign at all of slowness or stalling or anything.
I have a dual core processor to boot and all runs fine. Did have a niggle with MSN explorer but fixed that too now it all runs well.Overall a very stable operating system, when its released next year i will be in the queue with my $360 for my new vista operating system.

altrounson
13-11-2006, 10:51 AM
This is very bad mannered of me I know. But are you sober??? PJ

na mate i am just relly bad at spelling english is not my string point and i often type to fast and bumb the rong keys

Erayd
13-11-2006, 12:40 PM
na mate i am just relly bad at spelling english is not my string point and i often type to fast and bumb the rong keysThis is what spellchecking tools and the post-preview button are for.

altrounson
13-11-2006, 09:47 PM
is there a spell check in this website cos i dont have office instilled at the oment ass i had to do a sstem restor and lost it havnt had a chance to insillit and i do check i just doint see it lol