PDA

View Full Version : A little help with photoshop needed....

ronyville
09-11-2006, 02:53 PM
hi,
I have an old building plan that I am trying to redo in photoshop CS. The problem is that some of the text on it is barely recognisable.. even when i zoom in at 150% or 200%.. still cant make out what it is. i tired the sharpen tool and a few other tools to clear up the image but nothing seems to be doing the job. Anyone who knows a little about clearing up images please provide some help.
I have also looked at the tutorials online but didnt not find any about clearing up images..
cheers
Ron

zqwerty
09-11-2006, 03:24 PM
IMHO, if you are painstakingly going to go over a scanned picture of the plans in Photoshop, you would be far better to do that using Freehand and have the final result as a vector graphic rather than a bit mapped image. Read the text from the original document and then type it in using Freehand.

Use the Bezigon tool in Freehand to digitize the imported scanned picture, it will be far more accurate than using Photoshop.

Strommer
09-11-2006, 03:29 PM
How big is the photo, in kb or mb, and is it a jpeg, bmp, or what?

It could be that the original photo's resolution is not good enough.

ronyville
09-11-2006, 03:41 PM
How big is the photo, in kb or mb, and is it a jpeg, bmp, or what?

It could be that the original photo's resolution is not good enough.

Its 3.80MB, BMP format and res is 2341 x 1700. I got the actual printout on an A3 sheet but can not read the smaller text clearly. So I scanned it and decided to work on it using photoshop. I had the printout blown into a A0 sheet hoping it would help but the smaller text just got worse..

Greg
09-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Seeing you've got the original you could phone a photo processing type shop and ask them if their light table would show it up. Maybe even using a UV lamp would help?