PDA

View Full Version : New Hard Drive Questions.(Running)

Poppa John
09-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Still working away at re-loading stuff that I lost when the old HD died.

Now on gmail. I have three accounts running. How do I show these accts & change from one to another? Main Acct is Xtra. PJ

Poppa John
09-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Ikitara........If you & your bad back are sitting there bored, come & have a coffee. PJ

Poppa John
09-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Please. PJ

beama
09-11-2006, 09:09 PM
not sure if this is what you want
Enable pop3 in gmail user accounts.
Setup your email client to check these gmail pop accounts.
The instructions for the most common home email clients are on the gmail site ( where you setup the pop settings for your gmail account).
If your email client is not listed there use the generic settitngs, they worked for me in Pegasus mail.
Pegasus mail now checks my ISP email account and my Gmail account.

Metla
09-11-2006, 09:18 PM
:D

Got called into work this arvo just after seeing this thread.

anyhow, Whats your question exactly?, are you running gmail through outlook express? ( I have never used gmail so im not sure if you can even do that or not)

Anyhow, If you are trying to look at different accounts within outlook express there is a little drop down arrow beside the send/recieve icon that will display a list of accounts set up on that machine, You can use that to check accounts invidually.

if your trying to add accounts then thats under tools>accounts>add

If your trying to look at the properties of each account then they are displayed under tools>accounts.

If your talking about checking different gmail accounts via the gmail interface, No idea, though Im sure you can log out of one account and then into another.....

Poppa John
09-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Beama & Metla...... Pretty sure I have done all that, but will have anothr go in the morning when I am fresh. Sagging a bit now. Thanks. PJ

Poppa John
10-11-2006, 11:00 AM
I think I have that one sorted. Did not do the Google "Configure" bit. PJ

On to the next problem.

I have 86 music CD's to put back into My Music.

Poppa John
10-11-2006, 05:20 PM
One more gmail question.

When the OE Logon screen for gmail comes up it shows as pop.gmail.com
It also shows the email address. But the password needs to be typed in every time. The tick box for 'remember me' is greyed out, how do I get this back, Please. PJ

Speedy Gonzales
10-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Go into the gmail account / servers tab. Under account name under servers put the username / pw in here, and tick remember password under this and tick log on using secure password auth.

And then click on my server requires authentication, click on settings beside this change it to log on using re-enter your username and pw here, and tick remember password here as well.

That should stop it from asking u all the time.

Poppa John
10-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Speedy.......Still the same , what am I missing? PJ

Poppa John
11-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Still completely stumped with this. I am obviously missing something. I do recall having the same problems last time around & it was something very simple that I was missing. Will have another go tomorrow. Thanks for your help. PJ